Complaint Review: FloridaDriversLicensing.org

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: felgreen72 — Apopka Florida
FloridaDriversLicensing.org
Zephyrhills, Florida USA

FloridaDriversLicensing.org Business posed as a legitimate government DMV website and fraudulently charged me $14 when I attempted to replace my lost license. Website emailed me an info packet with DMV links and kindly debited my account for the service that they had no intention of providing. Zephyrhills Florida

*Consumer Comment: Next time read before you leap

I did a google search to locate the Fl DMV website so that I could replace my lost license and was directed to this fraudulent website, fldriverslicensing.org, which completely appeared to be an official DMV site. As it was one of the first on the list of results and included links to actual DMV site locations, I had no reason to believe that it was a scam.  I gave my info, they deducted the charge of $14 and I waited for my license to arrive.  Needless to say, it never arrived and today I received an email response from the DMV advising me that there was never a replacement ordered from their website.  When I tried to contact the company whom I gave my personal information to, I reached a recording.  When I attempted to search for any company info on their website, it directs you to the "official dmv website" for further questions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FloridaDriversLicensingorg/Zephyrhills-Florida-33541/FloridaDriversLicensingorg-Business-posed-as-a-legitimate-government-DMV-website-and-fra-1083710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FloridaDriversLicensing.org

Next time read before you leap

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"FloridaDriversLicensing.org Business posed as a legitimate government DMV website"

That is a false accusation. They have clearly posted at the top of every one of their web pages:

This site is privately owned. It is not affiliated with, nor operated by any state or government agency.

Their homepage clearly states: We CANNOT perform any DMV functions on your behalf.

They also provide a link to the Official Website of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. They claim to offer detailed up-to-date guides and instructions to simplify your process at the Florida HSMV, and provide all the necessary online tools applicable to your needs. That is what you stated they did, therefore you were not scammed.