Complaint Review: Floridaway Dream Escape

• Submitted: Thu, February 01, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, March 07, 2007

• Reported By:dallas Texas
Floridaway Dream Escape
2655 Ulmerton Rd Ste 407 Largo Or Clearwater., Florida U.S.A.

Floridaway Dream Escape Unauthorized checks taking money from account without permission .Fraudulent activity Largo Or Clearwater. Florida

*Author of original report: good news

Early in January I received a call from an agent from Floridaway Dream escape talking about some travel promotion and they were calling to verify my banking information. Unfortunately I gave him my account number and routing number with the understanding that I would not be charged until I received a packet from them.

I never got the packe and on 1/16/07 there was a substitute check drawn on my account in the amount of $149.00 then a week later 1/23/07 from Travel Go Direct for $59.95 .It caused 8 overdrafts totaling $232.00.

I called the company and I was told to write a letter requesting a refund which I did on 1/18/07 express mail costing $14.40 also my lawyer wrote them certified mail . Till date i have gotten no response and I 'm out about $455.40.

I filed a fraud kit at the bank ,wrote an online complaint to BBB and The clearwater county Department of Justice Consumer services.

Till date 2/1/07 I have gotten no response
I just want my money bank and all the overdrafts

dallas, Texas

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it!Make sure theymake the Rip-off Report.. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2007 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Floridaway-Dream-Escape/Largo-Or-Clearwater-Florida-33762/Floridaway-Dream-Escape-Unauthorized-checks-taking-money-from-account-without-permission--233909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Floridaway Dream Escape

good news

AUTHOR: Abimbola - (U.S.A.)

Well Guardian marketing( I guess they are over Floridaway and Travel go direct) services refunded The $149.00 and $59.95 plus the bank refunded the $232.00 overdraft charges. I was only out the $14.40 express mail and $10.00 certified mail . I hope they refund that too . If any of you get in the same situation fight for your money I went to the BBB the local Dept. of Justice , Florida AG ,my bank and filled out the fraud kit freeze your account if you have to.