- Report: #1073985
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Flower Delivery Express
Flower Delivery Express2985 Haggerty Rd Commerce, Michigan USA
Flower Delivery Express Scam Online Flower Delivery Business Commerce Michigan
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My mother, a woman who is not internet savvy, has used this service and unwittingly been taken advantage of. They run a scam on three fronts.
1. The bouquets of flowers that appear to be akin to at 800flowers.com for a lower price. They first list the 'original' price and then strike through it and show a lower price (around 30% lower) in red that is their price below this first price. The first part of the scam is that you are charged the full price for the bouquet but are told you get the rebate price. What actually happens is they charge you the full amount. You never receive an email receipt so you don't realize it (if, like my mother, you don't really know how to use the internet).
2. The second part of the scam is that they communicate to the local florist assembling your bouqet that you only paid the lower price for the bouqet (not the full price you've actually paid) so the florist assembles something for you based on that knowledge so that it is much smaller than what you believed you had paid for (in this case the 'Best' option for the Birthday Garden bouqet:
3. When I tried to contact customer service at Flower Delivery Express, I was given an auto-prompt that told me to leave my details and a customer service rep would get back to me (this is when I pressed '2' at the beginning when it said to press '1' for new orders and '2' for existing ones). When I called back and pressed '1' because I knew I would get a live person (they wouldn't want to leave scamming money out of people to an answering machine would they but they certainly would for those who are trying to collect), the woman on the phone said she could only take orders, not see existing ones. There is no live customer service. When I tried to call the local florist back, the woman there all of a sudden said she would have to take a message and couldn't see past orders either. Very suspect indeed. The local florist in question was Park Florist in northern California, FYI.
Furthermore, there was never an email receipt issued (the order was made over the phone and one was promised) so the only record that exists is the credit card record (thank god there's that) and a confirmation number which I will use to try to figure this all out if I can ever get a live person to talk to. Naturally, there was never any 'rebate email' received either, not that it would have mattered as the rebate is, in fact, just a 'discount' to use on their site again to continue the viscious cycle.
This is 100% a scam service that feeds off of the unwitting who, emboldened by the pervasivness of the internet, try to have a go at finding a florist online to, say, send flowers to loved ones who no longer live local. They have search engine optimized to show up in searches for florists and 1800Flowers so that, next to such reputable businesses, they too seem reputable. They are anything but.
I will be pursuing both Flower Delivery Express and Park Florist until this is resolved. Sorry for them that my mother has four internet savvy daughters on her hands to help her out.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flower-Delivery-Express/Commerce-Michigan-48390/Flower-Delivery-Express-Scam-Online-Flower-Delivery-Business-Commerce-Michigan-1073985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.