Complaint Review: FlyCell

• Updated: Fri, March 11, 2011

• Reported By: Crystal — Gastonia North Carolina United States of America
FlyCell
120 Broadway 15th Floor New York, New York United States of America

FlyCell used someone's screen name to talk me into an IQ test that then subscribed me to a service New York, New York

I was on yahoo messenger chat and sent a message to my brother. In a separate dialogue box, his screen name appeared and the person began chatting with me (at this time I thought it was my brother but it seemed odd that it was a separate dialogue box than the original one I started). The person then preceded to ask me to help with a project (my brother is in school).

The person asked me to complete an IQ test and the person explained why and how to go about it. I then preceded to do the IQ test. At the end of the test, it asked for a cell phone number. I asked the person why did I need it in which they responded that it's the only thing it'll ask for. (Again, trusting that this was my brother, but feeling like something was strange).

Once I gave my cell phone number I started getting text messages, and information about a subscription that I apparently am now apart of. I then preceded to ask this person to call me because this became very apparent to not be a project for school. The person said they will be right back but they needed my IQ test results.

I got my brother on the phone and he had no idea what I was talking about. I asked this person online who they were and they answered back with "how could you forget who I am"...as if they were my friend. I then told the person that I know they are not who they say to be and they logged off.

I then unsubscribed from the text message alerts and called the customer service number to fully understand what I subscribed to. The customer service person, Andy Scott stated that there would be no further charges. I instructed Andy that I did not want any charges at all. He said that he could not stop the initial charges, it is already pending. With more dialogue, he said that they could issue me a refund check that would take 3-4 weeks, but these charges would be processed within the next business day.

I was instructed to send an email with my mailing information so that they could make that reimbursement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2011 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FlyCell/New-York-New-York-10271/FlyCell-used-someones-screen-name-to-talk-me-into-an-IQ-test-that-then-subscribed-me-to-705176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FlyCell