• Report: #198833

• Updated: Thu, June 29, 2006

• Reported By:St Louis Missouri
flycell.com Internet U.S.A.

BEWARE Of Flycell Scam Internet

In February, I clicked on a "free ringtone" ad for Flycell.com and after filling out the information they requested I realized I had just subscribed to something that I did not want. Upon further investigation, I had!!!

So, I immediately followed the instructions to unsubscribe so that my phone would not be charged a monthly fee. After that, I regularly got text messages from them and each time would reply to "stop" and would follow the instructions to try and get them stopped. I even went on their website and followed all the unsubscribe instructions to get messaging to stop which included using their online method of "contact us". I finally had to resort to having their number blocked by my wireless provider.

Today (end of June), I discovered they were charging $30 on my current bill for ringtones and had charges $10 for the last two months (April & May) for the same thing. My service provider gave me their phone number and said I would have to call them.

I called them and was immediately met with a "customer service rep" who was incredibly nasty and rude. She basically read my the riot act and said that I had never unsubscribed from their service and that if I would read their terms of service I would see that they would not issue refunds, etc, etc... She wouldn't even let me get a word in edgewise or ask any questions. She "went off the deep end" when I caught her in a bold faced lie about the text messages they had sent. She kept threatening to terminate the call with me and so I finally terminated the call and went back to my wireless provider for help.

Gratefully, my service provider credited me back for the bogus charges and put a block on my account so that they can not continue to do this in the future. But to all of you out there...BEWARE of flycell.com.

What a great scam, to get people to sign up for a service without them realizing it and then making it impossible to unsubcribe. We should all have such a fabulous business plan.

St Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2006 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flycell/internet/BEWARE-Of-Flycell-Scam-Internet-198833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flycell