Complaint Review: Flycell.com

• Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Flycell.com
Flycell.com Internet U.S.A.

Flycell.com Flycell needs to be stopped!!! Fraudently charging for premimum text services. New York New York

We are piping mad with Flycell! My husband went to their website to check out ringtones. He had to give his cell number to be able to proceed to get any information on the tones. When he found out there was a charge for ringtones, he exited the website. He never did any of what is required to get the service. He received a text message from Flycell but since he's not familiar with texting (doesn't text nor does he want to learn how to text), he ignored it.

The message talked about 20 free credits and if you didn't want them, then text back STOP. Why should we respond to someone that we want nothing to do with or know anything about? Now, two months later we are still be billed for premium texting at $9.99 a month.

I went to our local Verizon counter and the agent told me that we must have signed up for the service. No, we did not. He also texted STOP to the number in the message. I sent an email message to Flycell's customer service, but they never responded. Their 800 number just gives you an infinite phone tree.

We have still been billed for the service, so after finding this website and realizing we are being scammed along with many, I called Verizon customer service today.

The gentleman was very helpful and he gave me an 800 number to have any premium texting services removed from our phone. I am passing that number on to all of you who are going through the same problem. 866-784-7712.
Also, Verizon is removing the charges from my account. So, there is hope.

I am also interested in pursuing a class action suit against this company. They are illegally making millions of dollars off of unsuspecting people and should be held accountable for it.

Mary
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flycellcom/internet/Flycellcom-Flycell-needs-to-be-stopped-Fraudently-charging-for-premimum-text-services-286731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flycell.com