Complaint Review: Flying Dutchman

• Updated: Sun, November 18, 2012

• Reported By: Karen Cowles — Seminole Florida United States of America
Flying Dutchman
no address offered Largo, Florida United States of America

Flying Dutchman Steve Vander Veer Remove a Great Site by Lying to Me and Did Serious Damage to my Business not being honest. Largo, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reason and awareness . . .

He lied to me and removed a Seriously Successful Website when just hired to do some homepage adjustments and add some content. I thought because he was always sitting at the Chamber's meetings that he must be a honest person. By removing a site that took months to create by a expert webmaster and my ranks where very high. He pulled it down to replace it with pure garbage compared to what I already had and was very unhappy with it. Plus, lied to me about it would take six months and more for it to come up again. He did serious damage to my business and then moved away because my close friend is a lawyer and was going to sue for loses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flying-Dutchman/Largo-Florida-33776/Flying-Dutchman-Steve-Vander-Veer-Remove-a-Great-Site-by-Lying-to-Me-and-Did-Serious-Damag-901751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flying Dutchman

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Reason and awareness . . .

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

. . . the woman in question (& her business as an aesthetician) have not suffered as a result of my involvement, I have not been contacted by any legal representative, nor did I leave "the area" in order to avoid supposed repercussions. I was involved in her "operation" for two months. At no time did I cancel, interrupt, remove or diminish her website(s) services.
In 2009, I was approached to "fix & improve" a website. There were, in fact, two (2) websites that were in need of coordination. The woman's son & husband were also involved. The previous web deigner/webmaster was vilified, and, of course, there were no records and/or working design files.
From the hodge-podge of conflicting design and operational mayhem, a focused website was deployed. At a very reasonable expense. The second "experimental" website was retained . . .
As it was a business that offered professional services, there were descriptive updates that needed to be addressed, professional certifications & recommendations/links needed to be updated and services that were no longer offered has to be eliminated from display (including one in particular that had resulted in criminal prosecution & conviction - lack of licensed physician on premises to perform or oversee certain procedures). The client failed to provide required information of her own free will . . .
All fees, et cetera, were paid by this woman and her husband/son team took over the operation the end of my two months of my involvement. I was contacted in 2011 concerning updates, but I declined - apparently some files had been deleted in the interim and/or server access had lapsed/been denied.
I regret any disappointment that this woman has experienced, but I cannot be responsible for any service (or lack thereof) provided by persons that followed my limited, freelance involvement.