Complaint Review: Flying J Inc Corporate Office

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Griffin Georgia
Flying J Inc Corporate Office
1104 Country Hills Drive Ogden, Utah U.S.A.

Flying J Corporate Office Ripped off Debit Card Purchase Ogden Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Pay at the Pump

On 4/08/09 my wife went to the Flying J in Jackson, GA and purchased fuel for her car, when she went in to pay for the gas, they told her our Discover Gift Card was declined, so she used our bank debit card. Upon leaving she checked the balance of the Discover Gift Card by calling the toll free number, and it stated she has a 0 balance. She went back into the store and talked to both the employee and the manager and they told her that was impossible and that they would not do anything. I called Discover and they told me there was no way of finding out anything about this transaction and again I called Flying J and the manager wouldn't come to the phone on that date. I had my wife go back on the tenth when we waited to see if the money would reappear on the card. The Employee there today and Althia, (said to be a manager) that again there was nothing they could do. The began to laugh at my wife. My called me upset because of this behavior and the idea they stole the $10 off our gift card and refuse to refund it to us. I don't think Flying J deals with customers honestly and the store in Jackson is questionable in how they treat customers.

Rev. greene
Griffin, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flying-J-Inc-Corporate-Office/Ogden-Utah-84403/Flying-J-Corporate-Office-Ripped-off-Debit-Card-Purchase-Ogden-Utah-442566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flying J Inc Corporate Office

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pay at the Pump

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I have a couple suggestions, I used to work for a gas station and on the gas pumps when you swipe any card it would place a hold on that card. That hold could be as small as 1$ and as large as 100$ depending on what gas station you stopped at. When you use a gift card, if the hold exceeds the dollar amount on the card it will decline it saying insufficient funds. The hold can take 3-5 buisness days to clear. As you have barely waited two days, I would wait until tuesday or wednesday of next week to see if the hold clears off the gift card.

Advice for the future: When using a gift card, always pay inside. if you purchase gasoline at the register, no hold is placed on the card.