Complaint Review: FoMoCo-Borman Autoplex

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007

• Reported By:Deming New Mexico
FoMoCo-Borman Autoplex
470 W. BOUTZ RD Las Cruces, New Mexico U.S.A.

Borman Autoplex - FoMoCo Ripoff Fraudulent Price Advertising telling lie about Ford Motor Credit Las Cruces New Mexico

Borman AutoPlex-a multi line dealer- Advertised on their web page the lease of a New Mercury Milan fo5 24 months at $186 per month. I called and confirmed they had two such vehicles for that price. Upon arriving at the dealership, I asked the sales person to show advertised vehicle, once again confirming price. he did.. we test drove it and I sadi I'd take the offer.

I was lead to "finance" where I sat for 3+ hours.. being told their computer system was down. Which upon reflection, this was apparently the old win by attrition ploy wearing the customer down into giving in to an inflated price.. as I was told no such price as possible... it went from $186 to $208. Then the "closer" proceeded to take on other options like their limited insurance policy (I ahve my own coverage) next it was the usual fabric treatments and such.. now get this: it's a 24 month lease so why do I need extended warranty and such. I took the deliver and drive home. The hours was late. A week later, I received a verbally harassing phone call form the dealership informing me I had no lease.. not with standing the signed contract for lease through Ford Motor Credit. I was told I had to return to the dealer and sign a new lease for money.. which was confirmed by Ford Motor credit that such was bogus as the lease was processed by Ford credit as written. When I told the caller to put everything in writing he abruptly hung up on me.

Borman is an unscrupulous dealership.. advertising false pricing... and then attempting to badger the unsuspecting buyer into additional fees and dollars.

sadly, Ford Motor Company has a hands off policy it seems.. they do not police their dealers... in other words, they are culpable in price gouging tactics. Thus, they deserve to go out of business in their complicit participation in fraud and deception. I can only imagine the price gouging tactics that will ensue at lease end... having learned via this experience, I will seek legal representation at lease end.. and if necessary, litigate.

Amazing how Ford ignores such complaints... as if the age old business model will still work: "For every customer lost, we get 5 new ones" Those days are over.. ask GM.

Russell
Deming, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FoMoCo-Borman-Autoplex/Las-Cruces-New-Mexico-88005/Borman-Autoplex-FoMoCo-Ripoff-Fraudulent-Price-Advertising-telling-lie-about-Ford-Motor-1034585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FoMoCo-Borman Autoplex