- Report: #106714
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Foley's
Foley's13138 Montfort Drive Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Foley's Department Store Ripoff - Fraudulent Billing Practices - Ripoff Dallas Texas
1. I present a jacket at the check-out counter.
2. The sales clerk asked me if I wanted to save 10% by opening a Foley's charge. (The amounts may have varied, but for this forum, we'll use $500.00 for the jacket and 10% for the discount.)
3. I said sure, filled out the form, got my number and charged the jacket. I paid $450.00 for the jacket.
4. 3 days later, I returned the jacket.
5. 2 weeks later the bill arrived. They charged the jacket at one price and then they charged the $50.00 discount as an "adjustment". The total of which equaled $500.00. When I returned the jacket, they only credited the purchase price of the jacket, and left the "adjustment" on the bill.
This means, I had no merchandise from the store, yet I owed $50.00. They also threatened to put the charges on my credit report if I didn't pay up. This is the "cost of doing business with Foley's".
Several threatening phone calls later with their customer service representatives (Me threatening them with fraudulent billing charges) ended up in a resolution of this issue, but I'm sure this type of thing is happening all the time. How can this be legal? Who else is having to pay and is fighting bogus credit problems from fraudulent charges? What if this had happened to my mother?
This is a result of a computer billing system that does not work properly, and charges consumers money that we do not owe.
That, by all accounts, is ILLEGAL. It's STEALING. It's PATHETIC. It's a RIPOFF.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2004 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foleys/Dallas-Texas-75240/Foleys-Department-Store-Ripoff-Fraudulent-Billing-Practices-Ripoff-Dallas-Texas-106714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.