Complaint Review: Food Lion

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 24, 2008

• Reported By:Georgetown South Carolina
Food Lion
2234 S. Fraser St. Georgetown, South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 843-546-0972
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Food Lion Sexual Harrassment Georgetown South Carolina

*Author of original report: Good Luck

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: And the cases seem to be multiplying . . .

I worked for this company for 13 years. A manager started persuing me both at work and outside of work. When I refused to have sex with him I was fired. This manager had been transfered from store to store because of similar incidents in the past. The only proof I have is an excellent record before this manager came to my store. Did this happen to anyone else at other stores?

Anonymous
Georgetown, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Food-Lion/Georgetown-South-Carolina-29440/Food-Lion-Sexual-Harrassment-Georgetown-South-Carolina-333725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Food Lion

Good Luck

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I actually got a lawyer before I was terminated but he dropped me after I was fired. I have been to several layers since but they all say it can not be proved. Count me in on any class action suits.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

And the cases seem to be multiplying . . .

AUTHOR: Not So Sweet! - (U.S.A.)

I read your post, after posting about Food Lion/Sweetbay Supermarket/Delhaize America/Delhaize Group.

If you do receive this, I would advise you to get an attorney, and go after them. I myself am a victim in the state of Florida. Another case is in the works for retaliation, same state, same county, and the person lives around the corner from me - all to do with Sweetbay Supermarket - different store - same mo. Sweetbay Supermarkets corporate office is Food Lion. . . . owned by Delhaize America, part of Delhaize Group. I am asking for anyone that has been unlawfully terminated due to retaliation, discrimination, unlawful wages, filing workers comp claim for work injury, unlawfully being denied unemployment, etc to get in contact with me. Feel free to make contact with me through this site. I would like to hear your story, and it seems that the list is getting bigger with these type of cases- especially against female employees. A class action may be possible and/ or necessary.

Good Luck and hope to hear from you.