Complaint Review: Food Lovers

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — Oxford Connecticut
Food Lovers

Food Lovers Fraudulent practices Internet

I ordered their eating plan program on 2/26/13 online for $139.  3 weeks later I noticed an add'l charge of $64 on my VISA card.  I called the company to inquire, spoke to a woman named Nakia, who informed me that I chose (online) to enroll in their online program, which I did not.  I pointed out to her that not only did I not enroll, but I've never used the online program.  She said she could not remove the charge but would see to it that I was not charged in the future.  When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she stonewalled me, until I said, "Are you refusing to pass me on to your supervisor?"  She said that was correct.  I hung up, contacted my cc company, and they reversed the charge on the spot.

In fairness, from what I see of their actual program, it looks quite good.  However, these practices are fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Food-Lovers/internet/Food-Lovers-Fraudulent-practices-Internet-1035662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Food Lovers