Complaint Review: Food4Less

• Submitted: Tue, December 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 23, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Food4Less
2545 S. Eastern Ave Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Food4Less Theft and disregard for property as well as rude behavior Las Vegas Nevada

I purchased items for a party prior to work one morning and was in a hurry. My co worker was approaching my car as he looked for a basket with working wheels so I offered him mine. He noticed my phone in the basket as he pushed it into the store but I had already left the parking lot so he turned it into the store clerk and told them I would be back later for it. I returned after
work and was told no one turned the phone in and after about 30 minutes of arguing that it had been turned in, I left.

I returned after speaking to my coworker again and asked for the manager again and she spent another 45 minutes side stepping the issue that if someone turns something in to lost & found that the store is obligated to hold and verify that the person who tries to retrieve the item is indeed the owner. She said she would review the tapes to come back or call later.

I was kept on hold for 15 minutes or more each time I called and no one called me back so I stopped by the store again and the man said he was the district manager (who did not identify himself to me by name) he said he was not responsible for me being "stupid enough to lose my phone". I asked if he would handle a purse the same way and he replied "probably". I will NEVER set foot in a Food4Less again and will be sure to tell all my friends of their attitude toward personal property.

I have filed a police report and plan to prosecute whomever gets caught with my phone and hold the store responsible. I am disabled and carry oxygen and need my phone for emergencies regarding my breathing. I do not expect to be treated in such a rude manner. I also plan to contact our attorney generals office as well as our local consumer affairs office regarding this outrage.

Cher
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Food4Less/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Food4Less-Theft-and-disregard-for-property-as-well-as-rude-behavior-Las-Vegas-Nevada-404495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Food4Less