Complaint Review: Ford Motor Co.

• Submitted: Fri, April 05, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, April 05, 2002

• Reported By:wood IN
Ford Motor Co.
Detroit, MI Ft. Wayne, Indiana U.S.A.

Ford Motor Co. ripoff Ft. Wayne Indiana

Had one 1986 3.8 cougar with leaking timing chain cover. Bought new Had one 1991 T-bird that blew head gaskets. Just over 100K miles. Ford said "no warranty.

Now have a 1994 Cougar. Blown head gaskets. Dimension Ford in Ft. Wayne gave me a price of $800.00 to repair. I asked about warranty. They checked VIN # and told me that Ford had extended head gasket warranty to 100k miles or seven years. They said they were sorry but it was just out of warranty. It has 77K miles on it. They then told me it also had a leaking timing chain cover and it would be an additional $700.00 to repair.

I informed them that I would bet rid of it and never, ever buy another Ford product. They could care less.
At 16 my dad told me I could not have a Ford. When I was on my own I bought a Ford and have driven them since that time.
I now have the 94 cougar for sale. my wife still has a 1996 cougar which has 60K miles on it. Dimension Ford told me I should not have any problems with it as it is a V-8.
Beleive me we are no longer a Ford family.

Jay
woodburn, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2002 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Co/Ft-Wayne-Indiana/Ford-Motor-Co-ripoff-Ft-Wayne-Indiana-18260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Co.