Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company Canada

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, March 15, 2010

• Reported By:Wetaskiwin t9a
Ford Motor Company Canada
Box 2000, The Canadian Road Oakville, Ontario U.S.A.

Rip off Ford Crown Victoria Decfective Parts

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: FORD CROWN VICTORIA 1997

I recently had to replace a block heater, repair heat guage and intake manifold on my 1996 Ford Crown Victoria. The vehicle only had 133,000 kms on it at the time.

It is my thinking that no vehicle with only that kind of kms should have these parts wearing out. I contacted Ford and was told that there are not enough reports of problems of this nature to determine that parts are the problem.

I wasn't asking for complete coverage of my repair bill $1200+ CDN but thought they would at least meet me part ways with perhaps the cost of the manifold being met or at least part of the cost but know they simply refuse to do anything.

I am about ready to replace this vehicle and you can be sure if won't be a Ford product. I recognize that the warranty has expired but because of the low kms and the nature of the part, I believe there should have been some kind of adjustment. Anybody out there with a similar experience? I would like to hear about it. Thanks for listening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company-Canada/Oakville-Ontario-L6J-5E4/Rip-off-Ford-Crown-Victoria-Decfective-Parts-10050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company Canada

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

FORD CROWN VICTORIA 1997

AUTHOR: dianne boyer - (United States of America)

I Own a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria, with only 67,000 miles on it, it has been well taken care of and was a friend of the families grandma that I bought it from, she bought it brand new....I have had it for 2 years now...I recently started smelling like a sweet smell coming from the engine when i would travel a few miles...I had it checked and they found a cracked intake manifold..I looked online to see if there was a recall on it, because I have gotten several letter with recalls on my car.there was a recall on it and the intake manifold was the recall...I called the ford motor company to see if I could get it fixed and they said that the warranty had ran out..What I am mad about is...I have recieved several letters telling me about recalls...but never once got a letter for this recall...I am a single mom now jobless because I can not afford to repair this car...I am mad that I can not get this fixed as it will cost me around 1000.00$ to fix it here in my town..I think that ford motor company should be responsible for these repairs after all I didnt build the car..THEY DID...