- Report: #2745
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company - Expedition
Ford Motor Company - ExpeditionNationwide U.S.A.
Ford Motor Company - 1997 Expedition
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Some two years later on July 17th 2000, my 3 year old $30,000 dollar expedition (which I serviced according to manufacturers recommendations) required a new transmission. When I inquired about the extended warranty I was told that it had not been transferred into my name as I thought (by the way just two days prior on July 15th I had an oxygen sensor replaced under the extended warranty with no problem). I thought no problem a simple phone call will fix this problem. Ford told me to get another letter from the original owner transferring his rights to me and go to the nearest dealership and have them transfer the warranty again and that I should not have a problem with the warranty. I completed this task on July 18, 2000. When I went back to the dealership to pickup my truck I was told that they would not cover the repairs under warranty because the transfer date of July 18th was after the repair date of July 17th. Now I'm stuck with a $2,800 bill.
My two concerns are:
1) I followed Fords instructions regarding the warranty on two separate occassions and through no fault of my own, I have no extended coverage on my vehicle.
2) My truck is just 3 years old and it has been serviced according to mfg recommendations. Why does it need a new transmission. Checking other websites, I found out that I'm not the only Expedition owner that has experienced transmission problems.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company-Expedition/nationwide/Ford-Motor-Company-1997-Expedition-2745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.