Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company Steete-Ponte Ford

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Oriskany Falls New York
Ford Motor Company Steete-Ponte Ford
Commercial Drive Yorkville, New York U.S.A.

Ford Motor Company Steete-Ponte Ford refuse to recall or honor brake caliper failures Yorkville New York

*Author of original report: Ford Motor Company

I have an 2006 F-350 4wd diesel. At 14K miles the first caliper seized up. They warrantied it of course. Since then I have had 5 different calipers do the same thing. Some were warrantied, some not. One that it was out of warranty they allowed me $250 towards the repair.

I have 82K now on the truck and the 6th caliper seized, taking the rotor and pads with it. It also broke the piston inside the caliper as well. The service manager says it is from corrosion and gave me the broken piston. He also told me that it would cost $585 to replace it all.

After coming back down from the ceiling, he told me that Ford was aware there is a problem but won't do anything about it. I called customer service and got the same answer. They also refused to do anything about the defective paint which was peeling and flaking off a 2 1/2 year old vehicle on the 'A' pillar of the driver door.

Ford obviously has to make sure they get five-star crash ratings because they know they put junk on the road for the unsuspecting consumer. FORD really does stand for "Fix Or Repair Daily". This is my first Ford and likely my last.

Wcup102
Oriskany Falls, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company-Steete-Ponte-Ford/Yorkville-New-York-13495/Ford-Motor-Company-Steete-Ponte-Ford-refuse-to-recall-or-honor-brake-caliper-failures-Yor-424696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company Steete-Ponte Ford

Ford Motor Company

AUTHOR: Wcup102 - (U.S.A.)

I also forgot to mention in my other complaint that I had a steering wheel issue where the wheel was loose and wobbling. They fixed and said it was bearing or bushing in the column. It came gack after warranty was off and theyr efused to fix it even though I had alot of play in the wheel to the point it was starting to effect the steering itself. Between the brakes and steering, I hope this sucker crashes without anyone getting hurt.