Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:Gaylesville Alabama
Ford Motor Company
P.O. Box 6248 Dearborn, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Company 2000 modle ford explorer DEATH TRAP Dearborn Michigan

*Author of original report: Ford Motor Co. I e-mailed ,waiting on response

I bought my 2000 Explorer brand new in june 2000 in summerville, ga. 30747 from a Carl Black dealership. After not even one year the vehicle started having problems all of which are documented with Ford Motor Company.

My vehicle has so many problems it would be hard to name them all; however the one that concerns me the absolute most is my power door locks, power windows and the breakage of two of my door handles. I have spoken with other ford explorer owners who claim power door/window problems, doors will not open and transmission problems are among just a few problems they have encountered.

I however just would like to have a vehicle I can get in and out of without having to get one of my children to get in the one back door that will open so that they can open the drivers side and passenger side doors.

The drivers side door handle is broken, i have had to use pliers to get in it before. The back driver side door handle is also broken. the front passenger side door will not open from the outside and the rear passenger side door is the only on that will open from the outside, but you cannot open it from the insude. This 2000 Explorer is a death trap and it has only had normal use of thse doors no abuse. Ford says not their problem. I had them fixed at Carl Black ford in summerville,Ga. once, but it didn't last I paid out of pocket to fix them , they didn't stand behind their work and soon after that dealership closed down.

Kristy
Gaylesville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-48126/Ford-Motor-Company-2000-modle-ford-explorer-DEATH-TRAP-Dearborn-Michigan-427413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Co. I e-mailed ,waiting on response

AUTHOR: Sleeping rabbit - (U.S.A.)

After coming to the Rip-Off Report website I decided to e-mail Ford Motor Co.
I am waiting for a response, will keep everyone informed of their reply.