Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company
1 american road dearborn, Michigan USA

Ford Motor Company 2014 Ford Focus Fraud dearborn Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Another Ford Focus Owner

I leased a 2014 Ford Focus at Crown Ford in Lynbrook, New York on August 20, 2013.  The car was described as having an automatic transmission.  Almost immediately, when accelerating from a standing stop, the car lurched, shook like a 7.2 Richter scale earthquake, grinded, and generally accelerated in low gears horrendously.  Within a week, I brought the car back to Crown and took a ride with the service manager.  Of course, the car accelerated smoothly, which, as I learned later, was not unusual while also experiencing the tremors at times.  The service manager told me he had never heard of this problem, and had not been notified of such a problem by Ford.

I suffered through 8 months and 6000 miles of the transmission shakes.  When I had passengers in the car, they typically asked, "what the hell is wrong with your car?".  After 8 months of this nonsense, I went to Pines Ford in Pembroke Pines Florida, where I now live.  Low and behold, the service rep pulled out a memo from Ford to dealers in September, 2012, acknowledging that the normal performance of the transmission included grinding and other issues, but did not mention the shaking.  He also informed me that the transmission was an automatic manual transmission, which I now understand to be a manual that I have no control over.  He said I could drop off the car for a couple of days, but my complaints actually represented normal performance, and would likely accomplish nothing.

I believe that Ford has engaged in fraud for as long as this transmission has been on the market.  At a minimum, this is the worst transmission I've ever driven in 45 years.  I will never buy or lease a Ford product again, and warn potential customers that this car is seriously defective.  I'd love to see a class action suit against Ford due to this misrepresentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2014 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/dearborn-Michigan/Ford-Motor-Company-2014-Ford-Focus-Fraud-dearborn-Michigan-1145656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

Another Ford Focus Owner

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I have a 2012 Ford Focus and recently posted a complaint related to issues with the transmission as well as Ford's unwillingness to appropriately honor the extended warranty I purchased from them. Instead of replacing the transmission while it's under warranty the Ford dealer fixed two parts of the transmission.

They gave me back the car once claiming it was fixed and when I returned it informed me it needed more work on the transmission, which I already knew.  It was returned again and I am still having similar issues. During my last conversation with the head of the service department I was told they can't fix things preemptively and replacing the transmission would be like replacing the engine. It made no sense becase I've had no issues with the engine but more than one issue with the transmission. These are services, incentives we pay for up front and not honoring them is a form of theft because the warranty was purchased. I just wanted to post because I think it's important to support one another when a large company tries to take advantage. I wish you success in getting some resolve to your situation.