Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Updated: Wed, January 11, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — drexel hill Pennsylvania USA
Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Unsafe vehicle and all I get are excuses Internet

In June 2009 I purchased a NEW Ford Explorer XLT, I noticed that the brakes were loud, a bang sound when a/c is on and I noticed the exterior lights stop lighting for recheck after 5 mins (I later learned that is a change in design) The transmission slips and bangs(they are telling me this is a known issue with the design, but nothing they can do about it, The Sync operation by the steering controls is incorrect. I have called the SYNC team, they verified this is wrong and dealers refuse to fix (even with customer assitance advice and support) There is a rotten egg smell in traffic, the a/c comes out pass floor, even if it is set to top dash vents (was verified by ford rep and said they don't know what to do to fix.

I stated earlier that brakes were noisy, I also had a complaint about gas milage, when they FINALLY replaced the brakes, the fuel mileage climbed( brakes were sticking) causing friction as well as noise as a result! I took them to court, they said if I dropped this they would send an engineer out, I did they then said oh we can't send an engineer anymore. About 6
months after taking ownership I noticed that the ignition warning buzzer would stay on after key was removed. Ford replace lock cylinder.. still did it so they replaced the ignition switch, after that the pass side air bag light stopped functioning correctly as well as seat belt warning lights. Between the BANG (This is impressive and scary, and was verified by ford) and the seat belt lights as well as air bags. I feel this vehicle is UNSAFE!! I have dealt with all areas I know of including the office of the president(they were to call me after the holiday AGAIN!) does anyone have any advice?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2012 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/internet/Ford-Motor-Company-Unsafe-vehicle-and-all-I-get-are-excuses-Internet-821472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company