Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Reported By:Granger Indiana
Ford Motor Company
www.ford.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Ford Motor Company ripoff Nationwide

Quality is apparently not a main concern. I have a 2000 ford Contour. The dashboard has warped up from the metal fram and popped out the defroster vent. It only gets worse as time goes on. This is a common problem on this model. So common, they had a short recall on it. They actually manufacture a kit to fix this problem by patching it with a cover! This, in my opinion, is a shoddy manufacturing/engineering defect.

My problem is that they only had the recall until mid-2002. My dash didn't warp until about 2003. I never received notice of the recall. What do they have to say about a car barely four years old with a dashboard falling apart? "Too bad! Sorry about your luck bucko!" I understand that we live in a "Carpe Diem" market, but certain things should be a matter of pride to a company! A car should at least last the length of the loan without falling to pieces! I mean, mechanical problems I expect and have had, but the chassis and interior shouldn't be falling apart! Six years of life isn't a lot to ask for! I'm not asking for a new dashboard. I just want the freaking kit and I feel it their resposibility to do it!

This is the second Ford in three cars I've owned and they seem to be full of headaches. Yes, the Escort wagon I owned ruined it's first set of tires way before their time by defective rear wheel alignment. They wanted me to pay to have adjustable arms put on the rear wheels so they could fix it, because their engineers didn't deem it necessary to have them to begin with! I must admit, they at last caved in and did it for free, but not without a fight! The ruined tires were my responsibility to replace of course. This will be the last Ford I own! I guarantee you that! I'm going back to a Pontiac! Fords seem to have more problems before 100K miles than other cars have after!

Ken
Granger, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2004 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/nationwide/Ford-Motor-Company-ripoff-Nationwide-101789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company