Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

Nationwide U.S.A.

Ford Quality is is far from job 1

*0: Finally an Replacement

*0: Ford Quality Update

My 1999 Windstar SEL has spent over 20 days in the service dept. at my local dealer, Cherokee Ford. The car has failed to start and stranded my wife more than 6 times. The dealer checks everything out and replaces the battery---4 times now, and says it's fixed. The alternator has also been replaced twice. There seems to be no interest in resolving my problem. My suggestion is to do your homework and look at consumer complaints on the web and Consumer Reports---they rate the Windstar low and they are right. I filed paperwork with the Ford Dispute Settlement Board so it will be interesting to see what happens. I want my money back since they can't fix it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/nationwide/Ford-Quality-is-is-far-from-job-1-5197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

#1 0

Finally an Replacement

AUTHOR: - ()

After too many batteries to count, it failed to start again as we were leaving for Vacation in July. I went ballistic on the dealer. I think they finally realized the seriousness of the problem. After we returned from vacation, Ford Motor Company upped their contribution for a replacement van. In essense I get a new van for the same monthly payment. Not bad considering the lack of reliability the 1999 experienced. Have had the new 2001 now for a few months and it is a world of difference. Average 4mpg better and is much quieter and smoother. Still some quality issues but none that affect the reliability yet.

I'm still not impressed with Ford and would not recommend ANY Ford. Need another example? Look at the Explorer fiasco where they blamed the rollovers on Firestone. Based on my experience, they are not customer driven nor do they stand behind their products.

#2 0

Ford Quality Update

AUTHOR: - ()

Just installed the 5th battery. Still no resolution from FOMOCO or Cherokee Ford. The dealer offered to trade in my 1999 for a 2001 and pay $60-$70 per month more than I am now. The new vehicle is priced $3,000 below what I paid in July of 1999. They said this was a "good deal."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC