Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit /Allegheny Repossion Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 15, 2004

• Reported By:Moon Twp Pennsylvania
Ford Motor Credit /Allegheny Repossion Services
Detroit, MI/Pittsburgh, PA Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit /Allegheny Repossion Services Rude, heartless, thieves Detroit/Pittsburgh Michigan/Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't make much sense.

*Consumer Suggestion: don't know all the laws, BUT

Filed for bankruptcy and after filing, Ford Motor Credit would not communicate with me. Would send no statement, no bills, no phone calls. Said they have to have a court order. Bankruptcy was discharged - still no communication. Repossesed car for 2 months behind.

I called and due to illness was behind one payment (must add they wanted the car in June 2001 during bankruptcy hearing) at 2:00 am on Sept 16, Allegheney Repossession Service called from my driveway saying they were there to pick up the car. No wonder Ford is in the financial shape they are in. The car went to auction and they received $2,000 for it and had they worked with me they would have had $5,000....How stupid was that?

I called Ford Credit - (their customer service needs a lot of work) was told too bad your payment was due yesterday. I have never been treated that rude. They made me feel like such a deadhead for something out of my control.

I called Allegheny Repossession Services in Pittsburgh and told them there was a couple of items in the car;one being a gift to my son. I asked for them to return that item, they said it wasn't there, and I know for a fact it was. I called about 15 times over a 1 week period never got a return phone call. Hope they enjoy the present to a 12 year old boy who keeps asking if we are ever going to get it back? You go Allegheny Repossession Serivce.

Linda
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2004 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit-Allegheny-Repossion-Services/Detroit-Michigan/Ford-Motor-Credit-Allegheny-Repossion-Services-Rude-heartless-thieves-DetroitPittsburg-78488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit /Allegheny Repossion Services

Doesn't make much sense.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I have falling behind with Ford and they have been nothing but GREAT.....As for repossession I was three months with no communication on my part because I was in the hospital. As for the bankruptcy my friend filed and begged Chrysler to make a payment on his truck they did not send bills nor would they accept any type of payment although he was affirming with them, they CANNOT accwept any money from you until it is discharged then be prepared!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

don't know all the laws, BUT

AUTHOR: Krista - (U.S.A.)

I do know that any finance company, once they receive notice of a bankruptcy CANNOT send you any bills... It is against the law...

If you were planning on reaffirming your debt, you should have sent the payment anyway without a bill... once your reaffirmed, if you are behind NORMAL collections procedures can begin, if your behind a few months, sorry, they can take the car.

If you didn't reaffirm your debt and it was discharged, based on state laws, they may still be able to get the car.

Sorry to hear about your sons birthday present, but they called before they got the car, I'm sure if you asked nicely, they would have gotten it out for you.