Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit Company - Ford Credit

• Updated: Wed, April 06, 2011

• Reported By: whaiv — Gainesville Florida USA
Ford Motor Credit Company - Ford Credit
One American Rd. Dearborn, MI 48126 Dearborn, Michigan United States of America

Ford Motor Credit Company - Ford Credit Kept reporting account as JOINT with a co-borrower? Dearborn Michigan

*Consumer Comment: So?

Copy of letter I sent to them most recently about this:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AS YOUR OFFICE HAS SHOWN NOTHING BUT INCOMPETENCY REGARDING THIS MESSAGE. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, OR PROVIDED BY YOU WILL BE PROVIDED TO LOCAL AND/OR FEDERAL AGENCIES FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION INCLUDING YOUR RESPONSE, IF NECESSARY.

YOU MAY CONTACT ME WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING ANY OF THE CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.

I found your response to my written and telephone communication to be most inadequate. As I am sure you are aware, as a furnisher of credit information, Ford Motor Credit Company is obliged under federal law [FCRA 2004 Section 623.1] to provide accurate consumer credit information to credit bureaus. As your office has confirmed in writing, it has been aware of inaccuracies caused to my account since September 19, 2006.

I feel that I have been more than generous with my patience in allowing sufficient time for your office to correct these errors with the below mentioned credit bureaus.

AS DISCUSSED on May 14, 2010 with Ruben with employee ID #FCRXL51 of Ford Motor Credit Company by telephone, I have asked again that this account be corrected. Ruben mentioned to me in a very factual basis no one has ever shown on your credit report other than you, the sole borrower.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE the rude character, attitude and lack of competency by Mr. Ruben as referenced above, or your office. The following reports are attached again herein, confirming the error. Similar reports were prepared and sent to your office in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

TransUnion LLC

Experian Information Solutions, Inc.

Equifax, Inc.

Each of these three bureaus has provided written information that no effort by Ford Motor Credit has been made to correct these errors.

During my initial pursue to have these errors corrected in October of 2006, I was instructed by a Ford Motor Credit Company representative to withhold my payment until this error was corrected. I then subsequently received a 30-day late reporting to my credit report.

I HAVE NO OTHER LATE PAYMENTS ON THIS OR ANY OTHER CREDIT/ MORTGAGE ACCOUNT. FURTHERMORE, I AM THE SOLE BORROWER ON ALL MY CREDIT/ MORTGAGE ACCOUNTS; AS I HAVE ATTESTED NUMEROUS TIMES, THIS REPORTING MAKES NO SENSE.

Therefore, on this day: May 19, 2010, I hereby demand that the following changes be made:

1) MY ACCOUNT, AS DESCRIBED #038932858 TO BE LISTED BY FMC AS INDIVIDUAL.

2) 30-DAY LATE REPORTING ON THE ABOVE REFERENCED ACCOUNT BE WITHDRAWN WITHIN THIRTY DAYS (30) OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER.

3) REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CLAIM AND FINANCIAL INJURY INCURRED AS PROVIDED BY THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT (FDCPA) IF APPLICABLE.

I am sending this letter as a request that you prepare my file for state review so that the applicable state and/or federal offices may review my information in a timely manner. Please again note that any information sent from your office may be used in such investigation.

william hamilton arthur iv

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2010 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit-Company-Ford-Credit/Dearborn-Michigan-/Ford-Motor-Credit-Company-Ford-Credit-Kept-reporting-account-as-JOINT-with-a-co-borrowe-606165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit Company - Ford Credit

So?

AUTHOR: Tcm - (U.S.A.)

Your letter is very unclear what the problem was. Did they report information from someone's pmt history on your credit bureau? Was someone else listed on your account that wasn't supposed to be on the loan?  and finally your letter said you expected financial compensation but how were you damaged? If you paid late you paid late..the reason doesn't really matter. If you feel you were mislead by the company you can put a note on your credit report. But if you have a contract with anyone and they don't get their money on time then they can & should report it as late. Sorry but not paying on time is just that, the reason you were late doesn't matter. also 1 over 30 you would need to prove it was not paid over 30 and if you wish to be compensated how that caused you financial harm. You seem just to be looking for free money by your posting. Really need more info for it to be credible as a rip off. Doesn't make me want to watch out for this company because I cant see what they did wrong.