Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit Corp

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Cyndi — PASADENA California
Ford Motor Credit Corp
PO BOX 64400 Colorado Springs, California United States of America

Ford Motor Credit Corp Arranged to re-finance my loan due to economy. They did not receive my paperwork after I faxed & mailed it. They had my car repossessed! Colorado Springs, California

*Consumer Comment: Strategy

*Consumer Comment: Questions

I have been a hardworker all my adult life.  Have never been late on rent or car payments. My business closed its doors in May 2010 and I've been struggling ever since.  I defaulted on my loan with Ford Motor Credit in August 2012.  I got them to re-finance with lower payments in November 2012.  They were to make me current and all I had to do was pay the late fees and my next payment would be due in Jan 2013.  I faxed the paperwork 3 times.  Each time they said they had not received it.  I attempted 2 more times but always got a busy signal or NO RESPONSE.  I then mailed the paperwork on Dec. 26.  The office must've been closed for the holidays but that didn't stop the credit department from calling me 17 times a day.  On 1/6/13 they repossessed my car!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit-Corp/Colorado-Springs-California-80962/Ford-Motor-Credit-Corp-Arranged-to-re-finance-my-loan-due-to-economy-They-did-not-receiv-992432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit Corp

Strategy

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

This sounds like the same strategy which has been used by major banks with those applying for a loan modification.  They probably had no intentions of doing a refi and had every intention of doing a repo all along.  Did you get anything in writing regarding what you say they agreed to?  Next time remember, faxes and regular mail are useless.  Always mail important papers certified mail, return receipt requested.  Then, they will need to sign for the documents and you will have a paper trail.

Questions

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What did they say during any of these 17 phone calls a day when you told them your story?

Also, when in January was your payment due and if it was due before the 6th did you pay it?