Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit (Primus)

• Submitted: Mon, April 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 20, 2009

• Reported By:Owosso Michigan
Ford Motor Credit (Primus)
www.fordcredit.com Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit (Primus) - Play Dirty Confiscates vehicles even when payments are being made Detroit Michigan

In November my husband and I filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. We signed reaffirmation agreements for both our mortgage and our car loan since we planned on keeping them and continuing to make payments. Granted, we weren't always on time with our car payments but all the way through the bankruptcy we had made all of our payments. We had made all of our payments to date with an exception of this month's payment which had already been sent when they decided they wanted to come take my car anyway.

The bankruptcy was discharged on March 18, 2009. Just this past Tuesday I was sitting waiting for the Ford dealership to finish changing my oil when my husband called me to ask if all of our car payments had been made. He wanted to know because there was a repo man at our front door looking to take our car.

I immediately called Ford Credit and they said that there was not a reaffirmation of the debt and that I had no choice but to turn the car over. I called my lawyer to find out what happened and, to make a long story short, the reaffirmation agreement that I signed was never filed by Ford's attorney.

I called Ford (Primus) back several times pleading with them to work the situation out somehow to no avail. Regardless of my payments being made in good faith throughout the bankruptcy, they were still determined to confiscate my car. I wish I would've taken full advantage of the protection of the bankruptcy law and not made one payment during the process. I would have been further ahead!

I have since purchased a different vehicle (not a Ford!) at a much higher interest rate of course. And I will NEVER finance anything with Ford again!

VtwinQueen
Owosso, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit-Primus/Detroit-Michigan/Ford-Motor-Credit-Primus-Play-Dirty-Confiscates-vehicles-even-when-payments-are-being-445070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit (Primus)