Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit

• Updated: Mon, December 20, 2010

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
Ford Motor Credit
Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit Ford's online payment system will rip you off! Beware! Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Missing Information

I had gotten behind on my payments to Ford, I finally scrapped together some funds to make a payment. I went online, has I had always done, and made a payment. I received a call from them saying it was not enough, I needed to make 2 payments. I asked what I should do, and they told me to go online and cancel that payment, and I would have to wire the money via Western Union. So, I went to the site, canceled the payment, took out the cash from my account and wired the money. Two days later, I noticed that my account had been hit for the original transaction, and I was now over drawn. I called the bank to file a claim, and I also called Ford, who basically said, well I guess you're screwed, sorry buddy. They refused to retract the transaction...and yes, I'm now screwed...thanks Ford, you rock.

Sean
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit/Detroit-Michigan/Ford-Motor-Credit-Fords-online-payment-system-will-rip-you-off-Beware-Detroit-Michigan-471855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit

Missing Information

AUTHOR: Tcm - (U.S.A.)

You missed some key facts. doesn't the site list something like can not be cancelled 24 hours from date? If it was too close you should have put a stop pay with your bank.

Beyond that so your behind and know it and you don't talk to anyone you just pay online as you always do?? If your behind talk to someone and then make a payments as they instruct. just going on as you normally do when you know your late is asking to wake up and have your car gone. Communicate!