Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit

• Submitted: Tue, September 02, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 02, 2011

• Reported By:Pasadena Texas
Ford Motor Credit
fordmotorcredit.com Webster, Texas U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit Denied credit life, but took our money Webster Texas

*Consumer Comment: No rip off move along

*Consumer Suggestion: I'm curious -Why is the Dealership To Blame?

We purchased a 2008 truck in late November. My husband passed away in June. The dealership took our money for the credit life & disability insurance, but since my husband answered question 1 truthfully, they denied his insurance. The insurance company that Ford uses tells me to contact Ford, because they sent the check back to them. Ford tells me they don't know anything about it. And the dealership doesn't show they received the money, and they sure as heck haven't reimbursed me in anyway. My husband only drove this truck about 3 months. We put $14,000 down & with the payments made, we've already invested over $27,000.00 in this $52,000.00 truck. I'm lucky if I find a buyer to get the payoff price of approx. $36,000.00. Oh, and they did offer me the Peace of Mind deal, to turn the truck back in and have no further obligation to it. Yeah, right, so they could turn around and resell it for another $40,000.00 or so & make a killing off of it. So, here I am, widowed, disabled, and making payments on a truck that I don't need, but I'm not giving it back to them!! And I'll probably never see the insuranace money plus interest. We've always bought Ford for the 35 yrs. we were married, and I have a new 2008 Tauras CUV, and now I'm on the verge of trading it in on another make & model. I definantely will NOT buy Ford again.

Dj
Pasadena, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2008 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit/Webster-Texas/Ford-Motor-Credit-Denied-credit-life-but-took-our-money-Webster-Texas-368994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit

No rip off move along

AUTHOR: Tcm - (U.S.A.)

Have you asked Ford Credit about this money? Ask for a Statement of account. The funds were probably applied to the principle of the loan paying it down.  If there is no record advise the insurance company that there is no record get the date they claim it was sent, the check number,  exact amount and the date they show it was cashed. Then call Ford give them the information and have it investigated. Possible the check had the wrong account number on it and was applied to the wrong account. But how did Ford rip you off? You decided to buy a really expensive truck. No one made you and your husband make this purchase.  You have had some bad breaks but it isn't Fords fault. I think we all know that insurance companies look for ways to deny claims but that is not Ford.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

You bought a $52,000 truck and now it is probably worth $25,000. You owe $36,000 on it. Your husband probably stated that he had a disability and now the insurance you purchased and never checked on to see if he would be approved for has denied the coverage? Was the insurance for both of you? What if you had died instead of him? Would they have paid off? I'm trying to find the rip off in all of this. If you feel that the insurance company paid off and the dealership kept the check contact a lawyer.

Trucks -especially expensive ones -are worth a fraction of what they cost because nobody wants them. I'd advise selling it for what you can ASAP. Things aren't going to improve in the future and every day you keep it it depreciates.

#3 Consumer Suggestion