Complaint Review: Ford Motor, Hardy Family Ford

• Submitted: Fri, May 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 26, 2005

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Ford Motor, Hardy Family Ford
1282 Old Griffin Road Dallas, Georgia U.S.A.

Ford Motor, Hardy Family Ford Ripoff Took advantage of a first time buyer and sold me a lemon!! Dallas Georgia

*Author of original report: Thanx for the help

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Contact info of people at Ford Motor Corp. Hope they will help you!

*Consumer Comment: No problems here If you want a no haggle price

*Consumer Comment: Ford not that bad....

I bought my first new car in June of 2004. It was supposed to be a present to me, and has turned into nothing but a nightmare.

After I was finally approved for my new car, a 2004 Focus, they did the typical thing and cleaned it for me. When they pulled it around to show it to me, the service manager informed me that they had found a "little moisture" in my back seat floorboard. I was convinced to take it home over the weekend, and to bring it back the following Monday if it was still wet.

I drove it around for a weekend, and by the time Monday came, I all but SWAM out of my car. Not only was the back seat floorboard wet, but it had moved to the front floorboard as well. So, I did as I was instructed and took it back. They tried twice to figure out why my car was an aquarium on wheels, and never did fix it. Meanwhile, when my car was in the shop, they kept giving me rentals that should have been sent to the junkyard.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to move to Florida during all of this, and have continued my fight against Ford on this car. Plus while all this was going on, I noticed that they also charged me about $3000 more than the sticker price on the car.

Do Not Trust or Buy Ford. They may have been the first in the industry, but in my opinion they are also the worst. The people that I have dealt with have been rude and condecending, more than one has made the comment "What could a chick know about cars", and have given me more trouble than it was ever worth.

Erica
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2005 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Hardy-Family-Ford/Dallas-Georgia-30157/Ford-Motor-Hardy-Family-Ford-Ripoff-Took-advantage-of-a-first-time-buyer-and-sold-me-a-le-141754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor, Hardy Family Ford

Thanx for the help

AUTHOR: Erica - (U.S.A.)

Before I posted my original message on this website, I had tried contacting the division manager for the dealership. When I couldn't get a response from him, I decided to take legal action, and now if I were able to get a hold of someone at Ford, however unlikely that may be, I would have more problems on my hands. So, I'm going to try this avenue. Although if this doesn't go anywhere, I may just try those people.

Thanks again!

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls it a Fucus. It seems like a more appropriate name for that particular car, doesn't it?

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Contact info of people at Ford Motor Corp. Hope they will help you!

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

Erica I am so sorry as to your Ford Fucus car troubles. If you want to talk to some body at Ford that can do something for you if the want to use the below email addresses. If you get no responce maybe they changed their email address because they do not want to hear from their customers.

The below email addresses are not posted on any Ford Motor Corp web site. They have been posted on this web site by a Rip Off Report advocate many moons ago. Use them all I hope they will help you. No Ford dealer would ever give you this contact info.

Angela Coletti

Mark Schirmer
mschirme@ford.com
Department: Ford Division
1-313-845-1547 734-222-4040 313-938-4660

It's nice to know that there are industry insiders that will post what and who they know.

Make sure you tell these people how your Ford dealer has treated you. they should know about your troubles.

AUTHOR: Erica - (U.S.A.)

Okay, so you have bought a car before. And now so have I. I know what to do the next time, other than go with Chevy. But after being in that office for 7 HOURS, I really was anxious to go and take my new car for a spin.

I realize now that I should have taken a minute to look at everything, including the price, but with everyone being so nice, I really didn't think that I would be taken advantage of. Like the old adage goes, Hindsight's 20/20. I expected decent people and a car that was worth the investment that I had made. I happy that the two of you haven't had any problems, but come to me once you have things from a 19 year old Female's perspective.

I was treated quite different by your good old boys than you are. Oh yeah, you can also come talk to me when the first month you have your brand new car, you only get to drive it for MAYBE a week, and that's not even consecutive days. This has been the most expensive lesson of my life.

I'm now paying over $20,000.00 for an aquarium on wheels. And that's with manual windows and locks. I'm surprised the thing doesn't have holes in the floor for me to stick my feet through, and just drive Flintstone style.

AUTHOR: Erica - (U.S.A.)

No problems here If you want a no haggle price

AUTHOR: Tony - (U.S.A.)

I have been doing business with Hardy ford for 15 years now without a problem. I have always been satisfied with the autos that i have purchased there. I have never had a problem with the service dept. and the few times i needed a rental car i was pleased with the car they gave me. They even went out of thier way and let me use a NEW F-250 to help my son move when i had to drop my 150 off to have the cats replaced.

As far as paying too much. All i can say is that it sounds like you didnt do your homework.

When i walk into the dealer i know before hand EXACTLY what i will pay for the car that i want and i tell him straight up "This is the car,These are the options and this is what i want to pay" Then ask him if he can help. If he cant help me then im out the door ... But it has never come to that because they know that im not going to get suckered ...

I dont care where you go a salesman is a salesman. If you want a no haggle price you should have bought a saturn. Next time you buy a new car be prepared to walk out if your not satisfied ...Ill be a hundred bucks they will stop you before you get to the door...

Ford not that bad....

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

While I am sorry about your experience with your Ford Focus, I think you need to look in the mirror somewhat.

How on earth could they charge you "an additional $3,000 above the sticker price"? It sounds like you obtained a loan for this car, and must have signed financing papers. If while signing the papers, why didn't you spot the price increase then? If you didn't notice it until later, then it is your fault, period. It doesn't make what the dealership did right, but you need to look out for yourself. If you received your loan papers in the mail, THEN NOTICED the increase, and it is different then what you signed for, then you may have a lawsuit against the dealership.

Also, it must be their service department that stinks in regards to your vehicles physical condition. That I cannot comment on, but judging on your attention to the price you paid, I must believe that you probably shouldn't have taken the car home in the first place.

I own a Ford Expedition and have had nothing but a great experince with it and the company. I am not naive enough to believe that bad experiences don't happen with every company, but sometimes you need to pay attention to what you are doing, especially if it is in regards to a major purchase like a car.