Complaint Review: Ford Motor Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, January 27, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, January 27, 2003

• Reported By:60471 Illinois
Ford Motor Inc.
Corp. Headquarters, Shaumburg, Il. Woodfield Illinois, Illinois United States Minor Outlying Islands

Ford Motor rip-off Illinois

I had engine trouble so I took my vehicle to the Ford Moter dealer and at that time nothing was mentioned re: a recall or warranty on both enging and head gaskets. My husband and I spent almost $4,000.00 fixing this problem.

Then while speaking to a Certified Ford Mechanic did we find out that It was a recall/warranty but nothing was sent to our home address so we missed out on the recall/warranty. So I started doing some reseach regarding this issue.

I contacted the Ford Dealer in Shaumburg and guess what? they destroyed all paper work that is over on year (diag. check, oil changes, engine repairs... this blew my mind because I was under the impression that all business has to keep a history on all transactions (on computer disks. etc.). But this also worked in Ford's favor. If the Ford company would have kept the proper paper work on all transactions I would been able to get the necessary paper work to back my case.... (This again is in Ford's favor)

This is a lesson to me that I would never purchase a Ford ever again..... I owned 4 Fords in my 20 years 2 Granadas, 1 mustang and and Expedition, and those will be the last...... I will gladly welcome NISSAN....... and companies wonder why they go belly up!!!! when you treat loyal customers this way we have no choice but to spend our dollars elsewhere....

60471, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2003 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Inc/Illinois-Illinois/Ford-Motor-rip-off-Illinois-42974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Inc.