Complaint Review: Ford of port Richey

• Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: Trust no one — New port richey Florida United States of America
Ford of port Richey
10715 us19 Port Richey, Florida United States of America

Ford of port Richey Would not honor their e-price. Classic bait and switch Port Richey, Florida

*Author of original report: Lies and deception.

*Author of original report: Maganging partner calls 30 mins after my email

*UPDATE Employee: Making things right is our policy

Im interested in buying a 2009 ford f150 from Ford of Port Richey and had viewed the vehicle online listed at $24,999 and requested an e-price. I received an email from ken bruning stating the truck will be sold to me for $19,990.00 plus tax, doc stamps, and plate transfer.

I went in the dealership and tried to buy the truck today (08-02-12 338pm) They stated the sales price was 24,990 and no further negotiations needed. I went directly to the general manager at that point which he was located in a dark shady corner and told him I have an email form your employee (ken bruning) and he already gave me a price of $19,990

He refused to honor the price giving to me and said that price included a $5000 down payment. No where does it say on that personal quote about a down payment of any kind. I have a copy of the email.

On their website, it shows a retail price and a button to click for an e-price which I did. I let the general manager view the email and he just laughed.

This is why no one trusts car dealers. They always have hidden agendas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-of-port-Richey/Port-Richey-Florida-34668/Ford-of-port-Richey-Would-not-honor-their-e-price-Classic-bait-and-switch-Port-Richey-921639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford of port Richey

Lies and deception.

AUTHOR: Trust no one - (United States of America)

I will never ever again buy a vehicle from any car dealer. The salesman's, general managers and finance managers are all dishonest. Lie after lie, what comes around goes around. Lol, just a few years ago, you guys were waiting tables and now your white collar professionals ? Go figure.

Maganging partner calls 30 mins after my email

AUTHOR: Trust no one - (United States of America)

After the worst experience with the general manager, I had emailed all of the employees the next day that I thought would be of some assistance. Zero responses from all of them except for the managing partner David council. He actually called 30 minutes after my initial email and phone calls. He was completely understanding, apologized for the way things were handled when I was there in person. He agreed to sell the truck at the price owns quoted in the email for $19,900 plus tax. Just imagine if all of the managers would respond and resolve issues quickly and efficiently without attitude.

Making things right is our policy

AUTHOR: Ken Bruning - (United States of America)

This customer had an email that was dated July 10, 2012. During this time we were advertising a price that reflected a trade in vehicle. We have now switched our advertising to not reflect any trade in vehicles. Since we have changed our advertising the price has gone up. We did offer contact this customer and offered to sell the vehicle to him at the lower price. He did come in on 8/4/2012 and left happy after the bad experience. If anyone has a problem we want to just make things right and correct any problems. Call myself Ken Bruning at Ford of Port Richey at 727-868-9545 to help you.