Complaint Review: Foreclosure Defenses Network

• Updated: Sun, November 11, 2012

• Reported By: Marc — Gurnee Illinois United States of America
Foreclosure Defenses Network
305 Granada Blvd Lindenhurst, Illinois United States of America

Foreclosure Defenses Network New Hope Solutions was name. Now using Foreclosure Defenses Network as dba name. Stacey Mathes is owner. Deceptive Foreclosure Litigation Company/Owner Stacey Mathes preys on your fears, is pushy, manipulative, and overbearing.and Lindenhurst, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to Allogations

*Consumer Suggestion: Amazing Customer Relations

*Consumer Comment: Great Past and Present Experience with company

*Consumer Comment: Foreclosure Defenses Network a division of New Hope Solutions, Inc. Negative Posting for owner and company is obsurd from our experience

*Consumer Comment: I had a totally different experience

Foreclosure Defenses Network (FDAN) is supposed to be a network of litigation and bankruptcy attorneys, credit repair companies, real estate agents, etc, that are supposed to help homeowners to get on their feet financially.  Stacey Mathes, the owner, upon hearing homeowners' individual situations, is supposed to refer them to the appropriate services, when in reality, all she is, is a cheap form of advertising for the attorneys she works with.  The attorneys are able to do the minimal amount of work possible while homeowners pay a regular fee every month.  During the time that we, the homeowners, are paying the attorneys on a monthly basis, there could literally be several months that go by before the hired attorney has to appear in court and is doing nothing but collecting his money from the clients.

I've tried contacting the bankruptcy attorney on several occasions, just to get some information and I have yet to get a return call.  Stacey Mathes, who has no background whatsoever with townhouse/condominium laws has involved herself in litigation with Associations because of a lack of follow through on her attorneys' part.

Stay away from this business.  The only best interests that they're interested in are their own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foreclosure-Defenses-Network/Lindenhurst-Illinois-60046/Foreclosure-Defenses-Network-New-Hope-Solutions-was-name-Now-using-Foreclosure-Defenses-855575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foreclosure Defenses Network

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to Allogations

AUTHOR: Stacey Mathes - (United States of America)

Thank you for reading this rebuttal, my name is Stacey and upon reading the negative post from Marc I asked past and future clients to read it and give me their honest opinions to make sure no one was having or feeling such dismay.   Several current clients sent me a response and I have posted them here.   I hope you take the time to read them.   I also now feel it necessary to file my own rebuttal as it has again come to my attention that one of our potential clients was shaken by this negative posting.  I apologize up front for the length, but wanted anyone who chose to read this know that we are more than willing to give full disclosure to any and all of our actions.

Marc(not a real name) who posted this negative posting was not only a client of ours, but also felt so strongly about the positive impact that we have on peoples lives,  Marc became an independent contractor for the company and was a great advocate for many.

After two years of hard and diligent foreclosure defense work to save Marcs home (free
of any charges) there simply were no more defenses to Marcs foreclosure case and as Marc could in no way afford house payments, taxes etc., Marc reached out to one of our networks bankruptcy attorneys that made it clear that with very limited income Chapter 13 bankruptcy was not an avenue that would help save the home.  Marc did not get the answers desired although they were truthful and given in a way to try and help Marc understand that holding onto the property was impossible.  Marc then proceeded to post this post along with other postings on the internet.  As we all know, the internet is full of half truths and one sided stories, and this seems to be the case here.   We would like you to understand our side of the story and hope you read below.

We welcome anyone who may be concerned, have questions, or need more explanation to contact us at: 847-543-0200 or visit us at our new offices in Grayslake, IL.  There is someone at the office from 7:30am until 8pm most days and also many weekend hours.  We would not spend the hours at the office if our hearts did not want to do everything we can to help as many people as possible that are entangled in the housing crisis. We are fully aware of all of the destruction to many parts of someones life that these financial pressures can cause.

We are happy to report that 75% of our new and incoming business is through referrals.  With that many glowing referrals, it is hard to believe that anyone would believe that we are out for our own interests only to quote this post.

Regretfully referring to this post regarding assisting in a Homeowners Association agreement. the irony is the fact that we called an Association to assist an elderly client to help her with a work out plan to repay back Association fees was done PRECISELY so that she did not have to negotiate with them herself or pay any fees (legal or otherwise) to work it out with the association.

I must say, if that action is perceived as (to quote the post) The only best interests that theyre
interested in are their own, then we are all in big trouble.  This crisis has created a huge mess for everyone, young, old, sick, everyone and if we dont all stick together and try to help each other in any way we can, thenwell, I really dont want to think of a world that isnt based on Do onto others as you would have done onto yourself.

Putting together one place where someone in housing or financial distress can come for an unbiased and unaffiliated opinion and direction is not easy.  It comes with criticism from people that do not understand that we are a provider of True Financial Consultations.  We are NOT a Foreclosure Litigation company.  We are NOT a modification or workout company.  We are however an unaffiliated 3rd party that works in the best interests of our clients.  NOT at all as the post suggests.

We are tremendously passionate about helping people get out of this crisis as unburied as possible.  We offer an unbiased opinion on many different financial situations and strategies, which is exactly what a consultant should be.   Illinois Foreclosure Defenses Network has created a group of professionals that our clients can speak to and then make their own educated decision as their best course of action.  Our purpose is to remain unbiased and be able to work with our clients to create a strategic plan that best fits them, their situation and their goals.

Our business is to educate clients on how to solve their financial woes either on their own or through the help of a 3rd party and more importantly what to look for in a 3rd party. If they wish, clients can be set-up with 3rd party professionals who are reputable, successful and most importantly passionate about helping people in their respective industries.

Regarding  name change that Marc talks about, as there is or never has been any reason other than smart business to do a name change as may be insinuated in the negative post.   The networks members have well over 100 combined years in their prospective fields.  I have personally, for over 20 years worked in business consulting, and as a legal assistant and also in many areas of the mortgage industry when the housing crisis hit.  At that time, I managed a company supplying mortgage loan originators around the country with clients desiring refinancing or purchase loans.   After the housing crisis hit and with Loan Originators quitting the business daily, I was recruited by a company in California to bring clients to them for mortgage modification purposes.  It took two minutes to realize how fraudulent the California Company was so of course declined their offer.  Out of the realization that there were so many fraudulent companies popping up that would take advantage of so many, New Hope Solutions was formed to TRY to assist people finding themselves as part of the housing mess.  Legally with all monies collected were held in a Trust fund (At State Bank of the Lakes, headquartered in Antioch Illinois) with full disclosure to anyone at all times.   These monies were not earned until agreed services were completed.

As many of you know, it rapidly became apparent that the mortgage lenders were not going to fight fair or truly assist people with their mortgage situations and even though many were working with lenders trying to work out a solution, person after person was being sued for foreclosure during that process.  We knew then that these people needed to find attorneys that were willing to fight for them, for their rights.

When that fact became apparent, it was prudent to change our name from New Hope Solutions in order for people to find us and also understand what the Illinois Foreclosure Defenses Network is about.  The network was founded on principles of exceptional customer service and a belief that providing clients with alternate solutions to those of the lenders who may not hold their best interests at heart.  We teach our clients that being pro-active and beginning to make a fundamental dramatic change today is the only outlook that they can afford to have.

As for Marcs complaint, it is unfortunate that the misunderstanding of the unique service we provide has caused Marc to make slanderous and libelous remarks about our company and that our reputation becomes tarnished by the postings on this blog.

Our company has been in existence for years and this is the first complaint that has been posted against Illinois Foreclosure Defenses Network  online. What is most troubling is the fact that Marc claims that we are nothing more than a cheap referral service for the attorneys we work with.  These comments are FALSE and slanderous and open up the client to legal action as well as this blog. Fortunately our company bases its reputation on the satisfaction of our clients, rather than on lawsuits and negative action. Our contract clearly stipulates that we are NOT a referral service and states clearly that we do Document Preparation for members of the network WHEN and IF it is necessary.

Its unfortunate that in todays economy, when consumers are struggling and looking for solutions, individuals and lenders are more busy slandering companies which are looking to provide a way out, rather than looking internally to find where the errors that have caused the downturn of our economy, truly lie.

In conclusion, we invite all consumers to visit our website and become a member of our family where we put our clients needs first and those of the banks, advertisers and big corporations last. In addition, we invite the owner of this blog to help us in providing a unique financial solution to clients in dire need of help. As we have seen on your website, you provide advertising space for lenders and debt relief companies and we must assume that these are reputable companies that
have been through your due diligence process and we would like to join forces with you in providing services to clients who visit your blog for referral.  We would be glad to provide them with the excellent service that we pride ourselves upon.

Thank you for providing us with this forum on which to exercise our right to respond to accusations made against our great organization and we wish you the best of luck and Godspeed. We implore you, Marc to see the extent of the damages your comments are causing to our company, without causing you any damages, due to the professional nature of our business ethics and morals. You chose not to do business and we wish you well and hope that you will end this campaign in an equally moral fashion.

S. Mathes

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Amazing Customer Relations

To All of You:

In case you havent heard this today.thank you. I am so impressed with all of you and the kindness and efficiency you show.
In this difficult time, your staff has been a rock.

It is not often that agencies exhibit such time and caring towards their clients. How lucky we would all be if more companies followed your example.

I have tremendous gratitude for each of you and the way you continue to help me. I hope each of you rest at night, knowing you are making a difference for regular, hard-working folks caught in the emotional upheaval of starting anew.

Sincerely,

R.V.

Great Past and Present Experience with company

AUTHOR: Stacey Mathes - (United States of America)

Once my wife saw the negative post on this company we panicked as we have been working with them since January '09.  We tried everything to work out things with the bank, and a friend referred them to us.  In the beginning we were obsessed with getting a modification and thought that was the only way to save our home.  They were able to get us trial agreements and permanent workout plans 9 times, yes, 9 times.  That was a lot of work and patience on their part with my wife calling them daily in a panic.   Even though we thought we could handle a mortgage payment, everything in the world happened and we defaulted on 4 of them and the others couldn't take.  Eventually when the lender put us in foreclosure, they worked out a strategy that we agreed on.  Gave us the name of a few different attorney's that do nothing but foreclosure work.  We picked one and retained the attorney.  We also worked with a credit repair company and our scores even while in court have gone up 100 points.  We will eventually be filing bankruptcy which we realized when we sat with them and figured out an entire plan to buy us time and figure out a way to start over.  I agree with the other post, we had a very different experience and couldn't thank them enough for 3+ years of peace of mind.  It has been worth every penny and then some.  I agree, call them and you will see for yourself.

Joe

AUTHOR: Stacey Mathes - (United States of America)

Whoever wrote the negative post obviously has a axe to grind.  I understand being upset, but this company and Stacey have not only been a dream to work with, but she is the most caring person in business I have ever found.  If taking the time to look at your entire picture and then telling you the truth no matter how hard it is to hear, is pushy, manipulative or overbearing as the negative post says, then we have very different ideas of someone really looking to help others.   If this person was looking for someone to tell them what they wanted to hear like it will all be ok no matter what then I can see how they would find her overbearing. She does not pull any punches or feed you a line of BS.

Almost everyone who is in trouble doesnt want to hear things like, your income will not qualify for a workout program but the lender wont tell you that or I want to look up your info and see where things are at and try to put it in plain English for you instead of the us trying to figure out the legal jargin on our own, and then hearing that after all of your efforts to work something out with your lender that you are now facing a judgment for foreclosure or a sale date.

Foreclosure Defenses Network is not a Litigation company, it is not a modification or workout company or have they every held themselves out to any of the clients we have met at Staceys annual client appreciation picnic.

And I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with the attorney we are working with that we found through Foreclosure Defenses Network, of course he doesnt go to court every month.  This Marc must not know the legal system very well.  But, I do know that there is NO WAY we could be where we are (3 yrsand counting) in our home, and been able to afford to hire any decent lawyer and pay them an hourly rate.  We are glad that we found them.

Our attorney Mr. Spaulding, has done a great job and to even say that he does the minimal amount of work possible as Marc has stated is simply ridiculous.    Mywife is a paralegal secretary, not in any way related to any of the networks people, and she is the one that does the millions of papers, filings, follow up calls, more paperwork shuffled back and forth for all of the lawyers and believe me for what that would cost us on an hourly basis (which is how most attorneys charge) we could NEVER have afforded to financially do all we have been able to do and STILL be in our house.

You will see just how untrue the statements are, just go to their website, call them 847-356-1182 if you are in Illinois and need help, you will see yourself that they will help you come up with a plan that will not just help you with your house troubles, but will care enough to help you through all of the other money issues that come with falling behind.

We NEVER hired Foreclosure Defenses Network, we hired a defense attorney, debt rebuilding guy and accountant that they work with.  I hope this helps you understand that Marc is obviously someone that is just out to trash someone for some personal reason and NOT giving you the entire or truthful picture of this company or person.

I had a totally different experience

AUTHOR: Patrick - (United States of America)

I am currently using their services and have not had any of the experience that Marc did.

My wife and I got into trouble when I lost my job and my wife's hours were cut all in a 3 month period. We fell behind on our mortgage and other bills , we could not re-finance and had nowhere to borrow the money from and we wanted our daughter to graduate from the same high school she started at. We bled our 401K trying to keep up but after speaking with Stacey, we have figured out that our home is only worth 1/2 of what we owed on it.

Both the attorney and Stacey have been successful in keeping me and my family in our home for 15 months so far, while we are getting our proverbial ducks in a row.

As a result, we had the time to both get full time employment, start to financially get it together, and can figure out what is our next move. Thank you Foreclosure Defenses Network!