Complaint Review: Foreclosure World, Foreclosure Store, Forclosure Guide, Foreclosure Town,

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 13, 2009

• Reported By:Albany New York
Foreclosure World, Foreclosure Store, Forclosure Guide, Foreclosure Town,
22 Elizabeth Street Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Foreclosure Town, Foreclosure World,Foreclosure Guide, Parent Company Jordan Publishing listed our home WITH a Picture as under Foreclosure and a man and his wife came by our home and knocked and asked us if it was indeed for sale under forclosure! Norwalk Connecticut

Beware www.foreclosureworld.com,AKA Foreclosure Store, Town AND Guide-all Jordan Publishing! 22 Elizabeth Street,Norwalk,CT. We were at home on New Year's Day when a man and his wife drove up and knocked on our door and asked if our property was for sale-then he showed my husband the picture of our home from a foreclosure website! Great picture and definitely our home-Imagine our surprise! The couple inquiring had evidently paid for the 'list of homes in distress'. Our home is NOT for sale!

After our blood pressures went down, on Monday we called ALL the banks or lenders we had had ANY business with AND a local realtor who went to their MLS foreclosure and pre-foreclosure lists for our town -No one could find anything overdue or even remotely close to 'wrong'. NOW, the rest of the story: I opened my spam mail on a whim last week and yup, you guessed it an email from Foreclosure Town to ME! asking if I want to buy 'these foreclosure properties'-including our OWN Property! You can't make this stuff up-it's too unbelievable!

Our home is 'selling' for $11,000 and 'the buyer is motivated'-when I showed my husband he said - WE should buy this house for $11,000! (the mortgage exceeds $150,000) I called phone directory and the Foreclosure Town number is 'no longer in service' but she gave me-'Foreclosure World' 203-838-3232 AND 'Forclosure Guide' 203-852-1400-BOTH at the same 22 Elizabeth St. Norwalk,CT address that is listed here in other complaints from buyers of their so called 'lists'. The gal who answered there told me (finally) that Jordan Publishing was the 'parent company' -

I googled THAT and THAT is how I found Ripoff Report! Other stories are here-perhaps the couple who came to our here. Come on back for coffee-but please, leave your checkbook at home! Pat ps call customer service 800-462-9028 at forclosureworld.com to make an appointment

Pat
Albany, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foreclosure-World-Foreclosure-Store-Forclosure-Guide-Foreclosure-Town/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Foreclosure-Town-Foreclosure-WorldForeclosure-Guide-Parent-Company-Jordan-Publishing-li-411666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foreclosure World, Foreclosure Store, Forclosure Guide, Foreclosure Town,