Complaint Review: ForeclosureStore.com ,Jordan Publishing Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, March 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 11, 2009

• Reported By:Woodland Hills California
ForeclosureStore.com ,Jordan Publishing Corp.
22 Elizabeth Street Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-462-9028
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

ForeclosureStore.com ,Jordan Publishing Corp. Won't refund automatic $99 fee because cancellation, though provably timely via Email, wasn't via on-line form Norwalk Connecticut

Although instructions are prominently displayed about the need to cancel a ForeclosureStore.com Trial Membership before the 168-hour deadline, the company acts in bad faith by neglecting to tell the consumer, together with each deadline warning, that it will accept cancellation of Trial Memberships solely via an on-line form. This important information should have been on the on-line receipt that I printed out immediately after signing up for the Trial Account; instead, it appears during the Trial Account sign-up only in the fine print.

I consulted my receipt print-out on Day 6, before the deadline, and Emailed both Customer Service and Billing to cancel my Trial Account. (I have an Email with date and time as proof.) I discovered today the company had charged me $99 that it insists is irreversible. And I haven't signed on to the site since day 6, which its logs would corroborate.

ForeclosureStore.com's intentions to defraud the customer are clear:

1) Company doesn't indicate specific cancellation instructions on the Trial Account receipt;

2) Company doesn't send a confirmation Email at the time of purchasing a Trial Account (and if a confirmation EMail ever were to be sent, it should clearly indicate the specific instructions required for cancellation);

3) When I first called Customer Service to report the $99 charge to my account was a mistake because I had canceled on day 6, I told CS Rep #1 that I had Emailed my cancellation request to both Customer Service and Billing Email addresses on Day 6, and that I had my Email with the date and time to prove my order was timely. CS Rep #1 told me to forward it to a specific Email address that I confirmed with her before hanging up. My forwarded Email to that address bounced back twice as undeliverable, no known address.

That your CS Rep #1 instructed me to forward my Email to a fraudulent address was suspicious if not outright deceitful, so company's true intention to cheat the consumer became evident when I called back (after the Emails bounced back as undeliverable) and spoke to another Customer Service person, CS Rep #2. Neither of us was abusive, but her bulldozer insistence on talking over me great Customer Relations, that solely to parrot back repeatedly the cancellation policy hidden in fine print; her not letting me talk to anyone above her; and her adamant refusal of any consideration whatsoever of my Emails or situation, reflects this company's obvious intention to rip off the consumer.

David
Woodland Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ForeclosureStorecom-Jordan-Publishing-Corp/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/ForeclosureStorecom-Jordan-Publishing-Corp-Wont-refund-automatic-99-fee-because-cance-433116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ForeclosureStore.com ,Jordan Publishing Corp.

manufacturer