• Report: #922068

• Updated: Fri, August 03, 2012

• Reported By: Wolfie — Ogden Utah United States of America
Foremost Insurance Company

Foremost Insurance Company Gave my insurance money to a con man Internet

My house burned totally in Golden Valley, AZ. A neighbor and 'so called friend' Brian Thomas represented himself as my son and authorized to accept insurance checks for me. This was not true, but the Foremost Insurance company accepted him on his word only. They required no proof that this man was my son, or authorized to represent me.  Someone signed my name to the $15,400.00 check from from the insurance company. At the time this was done, I was in the critical burn unit in Las Vegas. The University of Southern Nevada Medical Center. I was not able to sign my name, nor was I in a position to make decisions as I was under heavy sedation and pain medication. As soon as I was able to hold a pen, my niece, Lori Roach, was given full power of attorney.

I am on Social Security, I am 71 years old and that took all I had and not only was this money stolen, and my name forged, but included in the amount was $5,000.00 to clean up the burned property. Brian took all the metal that could be salvaged and no clean up was done. I had to pay the costs of clean up out of pocket. The Foremost adjuster made the deal with Brian. I had no say in the matter. I am still trying to catch up on my bills from this fiasco. I have copies of the forged checks and proof the check was sent to Brian's address.  I contacted the insurance company and was told that they 'issued the check in good faith,' they are not seeming too willing to pay me the money and go after him for repayment as they should.

For verification of this, you may contact the Wenes, who lived next door to my property. Their phone number is 928-565-9442. Also my niece and her husband, Lori and Troy Roach, phone numbers are 801-695-6828, and 801-695-6829.

I feel that Foremost Insurance should reimburse me that money. I had to pay for the cleanup. I had to rent heavy equipment and hire persons to help with cleanup. have copies of the forged check.

We filed a police report in Golden Valley, Az and are in the process of providing them with the verification that was mentioned previously in this letter.

I hope that you are willing to help me out in this matter.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foremost-Insurance-Company/internet/Foremost-Insurance-Company-Gave-my-insurance-money-to-a-con-man-Internet-922068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foremost Insurance Company