Complaint Review: Forest Law Center

• Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Ora — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Forest Law Center
4500 Campus Drive #130, Newport Beach, California United States of America

Forest Law Center Phillips Law Center Mortgage Scam I paid $2995. to lower my mortgage, but this company did nothing to lower my payments. They never contacted the loan company or me after receiving the money. Newport Beach, California

I received a phone call from forest Law Center the first week of December 2011 offering to assist me into lowering my mortgage payment to $500-800 per month.  They requested that I send a check for $2995 to cover the legal fees.  When I questioned this I was told the Attorneys will not start the process until the money was paid.

I didn't have $2995 in my bank account so I was allowed to send a check for $2000 on Dec. 13 and another check on Jan 16 for $995.  I waited 2 months before contacting the mortgage company and learned that nothing had been done to lower my payment.  The only communication from this group was a letter asking the bank to stop sending letters regarding delinquent payment.  Although I was never delinquent nor was I receiving letters.

I have sent numerous certified letters and talk on the phone to Robert Newton many times requesting the refund.  The answer has always been "we can't do that".  Can you offer any assistance that might help to get the money back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Forest-Law-Center/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Forest-Law-Center-Phillips-Law-Center-Mortgage-Scam-I-paid-2995-to-lower-my-mortgage-bu-906798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Forest Law Center