This company has an A rating with the Cincinnati Better Business Bureau. However, they hired subcontractors for a job they told me they would use in-house people for. Ultimately, it rained in my home because they did not have a Project Manager there and because they had not paid the subcontractors!
1. The contract was cancelled. The Manager called me back and stated that he would not proceed until he heard from me. I cancelled because there were other things that had to be taken care of before a roof was installed, not because I was attempting to do anything unlawful!
2. My neighbor telephoned me. He works for a roofing company. I arrived at night to discover my roof gone, and a tarp laying over it. It was raining cats and dogs on this date. I walked around the house and the tarp was not completely covering the house.
3. The contractors arrived that morning, minus the Project Manager, and they informed me that they had just been hired for the job. That they had not been paid and so they walked off of the job. They informed me that they did not trust Forest Park Roofing and that they were sorry about it raining into my home.
4. The Project Manager came and I told him to stop the work on my home because I had cancelled the project. He stated that if he stopped I would not have a roof. I stated that it had rained in my home. I stated that the attic was wet and the upstairs was wet.
5. He stated that he could provide photos of what the roof looked like before they tore it apart which I never received.
6. The fact remains that major damage has been done which did not exist prior to. It rained in the house and moisture remains in the house. Books fanned out after this, floors warped after this, damage has been done as a result of this that had nothing to do with the claim for Liberty Mutual. That claimed involved a leak in two places, not in rooms where the tarp didn't work when it rained! The moisture levels in my home prior to this travesty, were non-existent.
7. I am requesting that someone come out and look at the roof. I am requesting that it be repaired so that moisture is no longer getting into the home from the shoddy job that was done.
ForestPark Roofing is a dishonest business, as stated by contractors that they hired at the last minute to work on my home WITHOUT a Project Manager to monitor what they were doing. Based on that alone, an A plus rating is far from accurate for this company. It doesn't matter how long they've been in business, they botched this job and never responded to my telephone calls! They hired subcontractors at the last minute to do a job when I had informed them repeatedly that I did not want subcontractors working on my roof. They assured me that it would be done by company employees. Again, they were subcontractors hired at the last minute!