Complaint Review: Forever 21

• Reported By:Santee California
Forever 21
www.forever21.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Forever 21 ripoff Should be Forever Anorexic. San Diego California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Oh.. really?

*Consumer Comment: I've never had a problem

*Consumer Comment: i agree

Forever 21? Should be Forever Anorexic. Their clothing sizes along like a few other women clothing stores do not cater to the American public as they should. A size 10/12, which is the average size of a 21 year old female, is fitted to fit a size 5/7. Clothing manufactutres need to agree what is a size 0 and a size 10 and stick with it.

Julie
Santee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Forever-21/nationwide/Forever-21-ripoff-Should-be-Forever-Anorexic-San-Diego-California-91053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Forever 21

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Oh.. really?

AUTHOR: Jaymi - (United States of America)

Actually if you did a little research before attempting to make the company look bad for no reason you would find out they have a plus sized line called "Faith 21".

I've never had a problem

AUTHOR: Shelli - (U.S.A.)

Hey Julie! I am a size 10/12 and I have never had a problem finding clothes that fit from Forever 21 and I am far from anorexic. Maybe the real reason you are upset is because you are bigger than you want to be and are taking it out on the thinner girls that shop at Forever 21.

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (U.S.A.)

I think that forever 21 clothing is small but it caters to its customers. Would someone bigger than the sizes they make actually wear a mini-skirt and tube top? I have seen XL and even XXL sizes in a few of their selected pieces. I don't think it's fair to call it "FOREVER ANOREXIC".

First of all, just because someone is thin does not make them automatically anorexica. In fact many anorexics are a normal healthy weight. I wear a size 5 at Forever 21 but at other places I found that I wear a smaller size. So you are right that the sizes don't match up. But in case you didn't know, retailers have been making their sizes bigger throughout the years because we have been getting bigger throughout the years. A size 5 at the gap is not the size 5 your grandmother wore.

We are so obsessed with the number that as long as we are that size we become oblivious to the fact that we are still getting bigger. So it's the companies who are making the sizes bigger but still naming them a smaller size. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Forever 21 was the store that didn't do this?

Maybe Forever 21 kept the sizes the way they have always been. Anyways, there are other stores that have bigger sizes and I am not aware of any law that says a store must have a size for everyone. If Forever 21 wants to only make sizes that fit smaller people then that is their choice. It has a lot to do with how their style is portrayed. Maybe they don't want their designs worn by people bigger than a certain size. Many big time designers don't make certain piecses bigger than a size 2 because that is how they invisioned it worn.

Whatever the reasons why Forever 21 or any company would have whatever sizes they have, it is their choice. This topic is so ridiculous, almost as bad as people suing McDonald's for making them fat. Everytime I go to Old Navy, I have to spend hours digging through size 22 jeans in order to find my size, which many times they don't even have. But Im not going to write up a complaint about it because thats just the kind of store it is. I know that I can go to other stores and find what I need.

i agree

AUTHOR: Irene - (U.S.A.)

yes forever 21 has very cute clothes and yes i strongly agree as far as the size goes... i am a size 3 now mind u when going into forever 21 i have to buy either a medium or sometime large .. the clothes depending on the material... i can wear a size 3 in gap but at forever it might be a 1 or a3/4 but dont call it anorexic.