- Report: #1133767
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Fork Union Military Academy
Fork Union Military Academy4744 James Madison Highway Fork Union, Virginia USA
Fork Union Military Academy immoral, cruel, fraud Fork Union Virginia
*Consumer Comment: You left Out Suicides, Fight Clubs and Security!
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Fork Union Military Academy claims that it provides an environment that allows its students to develop in three ways: physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It presents the campus as a place where students are held to higher standards of behavior and decorum, that graduating from Fork Union means you have developed into an individual with a higher sense of ethics and eduction. Unfortunately, the reality of what actually happens on FUMA's campus is very different, almost entirely the opposite, of the image they present.
The greatest contributing factor to the problems of Fork Union is a negative attitude towards the kids that comes from the faculty. The vast majority of the faculty members view the students they teach as unintelligent, troubled, aggressive, or otherwise incapable of performing at normal levels. This attitude is used as an excuse to justify poor performances by the students. If a kid is failing, it is because he isn't capable, or has a bad attitude, or is lazy. This perception deflects from the issue of the faculty itself, and whether or not the people who work there are actually qualified to teach. Fork Union does not seek qualified educators to fill its teaching positions; rather, they hire individuals with no education background and place them in teachng positions so that they can hire them at a low salary (the average teacher is paid about $30,000 there). Teaching Algebra and geormetry is a former construction foreman and police deputy. One of the physics teachers was a chiropractor before coming to FUMA. Last year, a football coach intern was put in charge of teaching English II. All of the recent hires made by FUMA do not reflect a commitment to the level of academic progress they claim to provide.
Perhaps more troublesome than this, howerver, is the behavior exhibited by a large portion of the faculty while in the presence of students. It is not uncommon to hear faculty members using heavy profanity when in conversation with students. The use of such explitives as "f**," "s***," and "d***" are commonly said by the faculty when talking to the students on campus. Even worse is the context in which these words re used. Often, they are actually directed towards the students, used in a deragatory way to either describe them or to threaten. Here are few examples of true occurences that have happened within the last two years:
1. A Coach walking into the middle school wrestling room and saying "what are you little f****** doing?"
2. A football coach discussing another player after the season, saying "Once football season is done, I dont' give a s*** what happens to him."
3. A teacher telling a studnet, during class "you are f****** gay!"
4. A teacher telling a kid while in the dormitories to "stop being such a p****. You're acting like a girl."
Unfortunately, the culture at Fork Union promotes converstions like this on a regular basis. It is no surprise that the general atmosphere that resonates is one of negativity.
The immoral and shocking behavior by the faculty does not stop at just profanity. Over the past few years, many issues have arisen invovling extremely innapropiate behavior. Here are a few of the truthful things that have happend:
1. One of the female barbers regularly had sex with students.
2. The Commandant (head of military aspects of the school) had an affair with the mother of a student. He sent nude photos of himself by accident to the student's cell phone.
3. One librarian had an affair with another faculty member's spouse.
4. A TAC officer purchased contraband from the store and sold it to students at an inflated price.
There are many other problems that exist at Fork Union that this summary won't go into, but it should be clear that it is not a safe environment for students. The quality of educator and the treatment the students receive does not justify the school's 33,000 dollar price tag. I would strongly urge parents who are considering this school to ask the administration about these issues before making a decision.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fork-Union-Military-Academy/Fork-Union-Virginia-23055/Fork-Union-Military-Academy-immoral-cruel-fraud-Fork-Union-Virginia-1133767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.