Complaint Review: Form-a-corp

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By:Encinitas California
Form-a-corp
4400 PGA Blvd., Suite 900 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410, Florida U.S.A.

Form-a-corp - Kevin Rubel Form-a-corp e-mailed fake corporate documents to get me to release my claim with paypal Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Update from Form-A-Corp

*Consumer Comment: Kevin Rubel tried to burn me too! He is definately dog-do!

*Consumer Comment: They burned me too!!!

*Author of original report: BBB report

Form-a-corp will take your money and do nothing in return. I paid them to incorporate my business and file a dba. I paid them in Dec, 08 to do an expedited filing with the state of California which should take 5-10 business days for the state to do. On January 6,09 I sent an e-mail because all the company voice mail boxes were full and no one answered the phone when I called. Kevin e-mailed me back and said that he would follow up on the filing and let me know. A week went by and no response, I checked online on my filings and found that nothing had been done. After repeated calls and e-mails with no response I filed a dispute with paypal. After filing a dispute Kevin e-mailed me and said he had the documents and would send them over. What he sent was the filing for an EIN tax number. Again no response to my calls or e-mails, I contacted paypal and changed my dispute to a claim for refund because I felt that this company was not doing what they said they would. So again after changing to a claim, Kevin e-mailed me to say he had the documents and would send them over. He faxed me a document for the county that was a screen print from the county's web site, but no filing number and he sent me the articles of incorporation that did not look right because they did not have the filing number nor did they have the state seal as they normally would. So I contacted Kevin and have asked repeatedly for the filing numbers for the county and the state. Today I contacted the both the county and the state and was told that there are no records on file or pending under my name or my business names. So in short, they have committed fraud, sent me fake documents and not done a thing.

Michael
Encinitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Form-a-corp/Palm-Beach-Gardens-FL-33410-Florida-33410/Form-a-corp-Kevin-Rubel-Form-a-corp-e-mailed-fake-corporate-documents-to-get-me-to-relea-414694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Form-a-corp

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Update from Form-A-Corp

AUTHOR: Form-A-Corp.com - (United States of America)

This report and the subsequent additional posts are deserving of a clarification regardless of how old it is.  Form-A-Corp is most certainly NOT a scam.

During the time when this report was filed, the Form-A-Corp brand was under the direction of Kevin Rubel who was, at one point the CEO.  We, as a company agree with the writer(s) in this report that Kevin Rubel behaved in manner that was unfit for his position with the company. This is why, the moment that the principals of the business were made aware of his actions, he was immediately removed from his position and was banned from our office premises. This removal occurred in June of 2009 and Mr. Rubel has had no authority to use the Form-A-Corp Brand when dealing with any clients since that time. We are of the understanding that he may have continued to abuse his  previous position following his termination, however, that has since also been terminated.

Since this time and due, in part, to Mr. Rubel's activities, the Form-A-Corp brand has been acquired by another company who is successfully operating this brand in it's clients best interests and has been for three years with hundreds of satisfied patrons.

We apologize to any and all clients that may have received less than satisfactory results from their utilization of our services here at Form-A-Corp and take responsibility for our choices as a business.  We believe that we are an exemplary company that 99% of our clients would agree is a pleasure to do business with and we are working diligently on that last 1%.

We are a small business with a genuine interest in the growth of business in the United States and that maintains a forthright approach to our business model. This one individual situation excluded, we have always and will continue to strive to act in the best interests of our clients.

Form-A-Corp.com provides the highest quality incorporation and business services available in the market today. We were the recipients of Intuit's "Love a Local Business" grant in 2011 and are accredited members of The Better Business Bureau with an 'A' rating.  We do not pad state fees like many of our competitors and model ourselves as a business that we would like to do business with.

Sincerely,
Form-A-Corp.com

Kevin Rubel tried to burn me too! He is definately dog-do!

AUTHOR: R. James - (U.S.A.)

Kevin Rubel is a definate con artist and scammer. It amazes me that he is still in business!! I paid him $10K via credit card to establish a corp for me and obtain lines of credit. He did not perform. I called and emailed him repeatedly for updates and his voicemail was always full or he simply didn't answer. He would text me from time to time and schedule conference calls to update me about the progress of my corp and funding, but he only kept one appointment and the updates were always lame.
He is definately someone that you DON'T WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH. By the way, I was one of the lucky ones and was able to charge back on my credit card. My advice to anyone considering doing business with Kevin Rubel/Form-A-Corp: RUN FAST AND FAR!!!

They burned me too!!!

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

I am just co-signing what this gentleman has said. I got burned by them the same way. Their BBB report is an F. They never return phone calls, emails, or anything.

BBB report

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

BBB of Southeast Florida and the Caribbean

Company ID: 23000651

Nature of Business:
This company's nature of business is Incorporating Companies BBB Rating: F

Accreditation
This company is not an accredited business. This fact does not disparage the company in any way.

Licensing and Bonding Information
Agency:
License Number: 2008-03692
Status:

This license permits the company to perform the following services:

This tax is required for the privilege of operating a business.

Agency:
License Number: 012685
Status:

This license permits the company to perform the following services:

This tax is required for the privilege of operating a business.

BBB Comments and Analysis
We have no further comment about this company's business practices or analysis of its offer that may assist you in your consideration of this company.

Complaint Closing Statistics
The following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:

No. of Cmpl Type of Response
12 Unanswered
0 Unassigned
76 Total

Additional Addresses
There are no additional addresses.
Complaint Experience
Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, one complaint is unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.

Government Actions
We know of no government action taken against this company.

Advertising Review
This company is not an accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau. This company has failed to discontinue to use our Federally Registered Trademark when demands have been made to do so. Misrepresentation of BBB accreditation constitutes false and deceptive advertising and trademark infringement.

Other Considerations
Company has been is business since 12/18/2001 and has new ownership as of 03/25/2007.