Complaint Review: Former Massage Envy Employee

• Updated: Mon, May 11, 2009

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Former Massage Envy Employee
Southlake, Texas U.S.A.

Former Massage Envy Employee Sexual Harrassmanet NOT LIMITED - Massage Envy ALSO Southlake Texas

I heard everything bad as Massage Envy as an employer, but I needed to know for myself. Examples Included: Bad Therapist-Sweat Shop-Unfair Treatment of Therapist

I was hired at Christmas time 2008 and worked there less than 2 1/2 months.

Massage Envy promises to keep you booked and you get a small amount of pay and most of your pay is TIPS, they do encourage you to tip therapist.

On a slow day that management would not allow me to go home on, I sat patiently as I waited for my 1 appointment. I was able to trade out with a therapist. I traded with a male therapist. ALL THE THERAPIST there said, we should have warned me.

During my session I was draped in appropriately and I know his package was in my hand as I laid there. (As a therapist I must say I was in shock, I never thought this would happen to me, especially here in this professional atmosphere. Also, as a woman I am EXTRA careful to not to touch the client with ANY part of my body).

I did complain. The owners and managers seemed to care so much and ensured me that this has never happened before. I was also instructed not to talk about this. I personally could not work there, I kept having anxiety attacks every time I seen a client after this. Please note I did not mention this to the management I do not think they really cared.

Speaking to several therapist and even a front manager this was NOT his first complaint. Several females complained and EVEN FORMER EMPLOYEES complained with no results.

This was SO embarrassing I hope this doesn't happen to you. Use an individual therapist, you will be glad you did.

Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Former-Massage-Envy-Employee/Southlake-Texas-76092/Former-Massage-Envy-Employee-Sexual-Harrassmanet-NOT-LIMITED-Massage-Envy-ALSO-Southlake-450620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Former Massage Envy Employee