Complaint Review: Formula One Autocentres

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: Was It Worth It — Hertfordshire
Formula One Autocentres
London Road Stevenage, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Formula One Autocentre Damaged My Car Damaged Car, Scratched and Dented My Car, Manager Frank Was Aggressive And Rude Stevenage United Kingdom

I Took my car in to FORMULA ONE AUTOCENTRE STEVENAGE for new TYRES and TRACKING on 15th July 2013.

I left the car with them as they were fairly busy. When I picked the car up and got my car home I noticed a large swipe of white residue on the bumper. At first I thought it was paint but after wiping it straight off I realised it was the same TYRE SOAP residue on the tyres they had just fitted. After I wiped the residue off I found a substantial amount of DAMAGE to my car including a SCUFF and three DENTS which has gone through to the plastic and primer.

.....5pt;">The guy who fitted my tyres SHANE had given me his personal number as he said he knew someone who could MOT my car at a cheaper price, so I text him and asked what had happened to my car as it had been damaged, I received a reply asking to call him. I called him and he seemed immediately concerned about getting into trouble at work and continuously offered to personally come and inspect the car himself, despite this I decided to take the car in and spoke to the assistant manager who apologised and asked me to bring the car in so they could have a look.

The next day I brought the car in for inspection and the branch manager came over looked at the car and was immediately DISMISSIVE, RUDE, SARCASTIC and INTIMIDATING. He kept saying that is wasn’t them as their equipment is blue and they didn’t go near the back of the car. When I questioned why there was tyre soap on my car he again dismissed the question and told me he would no longer speak to me and walked away.

We asked to speak to Head Office, he would not supply his full name he just said its FRANK. We had to obtain the contact details from the internet.

I would NOT RECOMMEND FORMULA ONE AUTOCENTRE in STEVENAGE. They were happy to take my money, scratched and dented my bumper and refused to admit liability. The branch manager FRANK is RUDE, ARROGANT, SARCASTIC and DISMISSIVE and offers the WORST customer service I have every come across.

“I Always Judge a company when things go wrong”

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Formula-One-Autocentres/Stevenage-Select-StateProvince-SG1-1XF-/Formula-One-Autocentre-Damaged-My-Car-Damaged-Car-Scratched-and-Dented-My-Car-Manager-F-1068001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Formula One Autocentres