Complaint Review: Fort Hays State University

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By:Bronx New York
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street Hays, Kansas U.S.A.

Fort Hays State University, I paid tuitioned fees to this schhol was admitted and later rip-off. They do not want to refund my tuition fees.They claim my transcript is fake, but my high school says is not. They also discriminated me saying" This is how you people are".I have complete story about it.Please feel free to contact me , I need assistance, advise concerning this. Hays Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Get a Lawyer

Attention: Urgent

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing date back to the periods of applications for the spring 2008 semester to Fort Hays State University. When I contacted admissions office during these periods, I was told to fill out and submit applications online, pay $35 application fees and then send a complete documentations including, transcripts of all secondary and post secondary schools, diplomas, etc.
Admissions office let me understood that all these documents would be verified before admissions awarded and prior to me paying fees to the school. As in reference to your policies outlined on www.fhsu.edu/registrar/admission.shtml. During my studies at Fort Hays State University, I received a letter on March 18,2008, signed by Jackie Maxhwell; in it the registrar again requested that I forward my transcript and West African Exams Council result which they said that was the document they actually requested from me. I sent originals of all these documents to the registrars office at Fort Hays State University promptly. As Fort Hays gave no transcript request form to me, I still acknowledge their request. The registrars office later issued me a letter, stating that they have released the hold they placed on my enrollment, I was still enrolled.

I log in to blackboard during the course of the semester, to find out that my account has been closed, grades and courses removed from my list. As a result and compliment with other factors later to be outlined; this is what I mean by my denial is a product of race, color, gender or citizenship. I was dismissed from class without notice, without any letter issued to me, without being contacted. Also when I contacted the registrars office during that period it was a huge arguments which was based on those factors.Dr. Linn of Fort Hays State university used the word, This is how you people are. This is based on discrimination factors outlined. on human rights the provost handbook, ch8, states The university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, age; which it did at that time.

The registrar office refused, my claim that, this information was wrong and that they should further verify it. I contacted my high school regarding this situation. Mr. Avorkliya, whom Fort Hays State University claim to be communicating with said, he knows nothing about the letter sent to Fort Hayes Sate University, neither the administration of the school. The policy of Chemu Secondary School is that, the administrator, not the headmaster/headmistress of the school, issues transcripts. Is the same way the Principal of Fort Hays cannot release a student transcript. The School Headmaster claims, he knows nothing about these letters. The question is, if Fort Hays, claims to be liberal to all students, why didnt the registrar investigate this letter when they received it, but rather, denied my enrollment without any letter given, and I have to demand a letter before it was issued. I suppose, because it was on her side of interest. The reference number on my transcript in question is on file at Chemu Secondary School, issued by Mrs.L.B.Adjavon on 6th July, 1999.The transcript that whoever issued to Fort Hays State University was recently prepared. Now according to the administration of the school, there are two transcripts on my file, which no one knows who issued the second one?
A letter of withdrawal was issued to the registrar of Fort Hays State University on 30th April 2008, stating what happened. Also I have attached/included a copy of that letter for your usal. Hence Fort Hays State University refused to comment about it, again seeing that is not on their interest. Rather I have to phone the registrar after receiving a copy of that letter. Furthermore, Dr.Linn, head of registrar only told me, He needed time to verify those two letters signed by two different individuals.

According to the recently released letter from Chemu Secondary School, again at the signature of Avorkliya, the substitute headmaster, which Fort Hays State University issued me a copy? It states, I doubted the signature of the headmistress as seen on the Agbolosoos document which made me write earlier to say the transcript was fake. The result detail that was presented was genuine, but the transcript and signature on it was fake. The letter written by the school administrator, that there was an error because the school was using similar grading system is not tenable. Well first of all, these are letters issued by the school. The administrator is the one in charge of transcript issuance, not the headmistress/headmaster. Also if the second letter issued by the administrator is not tenable, why was it issued? Why do I have two transcripts on file, one dated in 1999, and the other recently prepared due to Fort Hays State? Why should my result details be genuine and my transcript and signature fake? Why should all the documents that I issued to Fort hays State University prove as genuine and only my high school transcript has genuine result, but fake transcript and signature? What do the person who issued this letter mean by genuine result, but fake transcript and signature? Any way the transcript I hold is the true signature and stamp issued by the then headmistress of my school at the time I graduated. Also the letter state the stamp is not true and hence thats the same stamp the school uses for its communications with Fort hays state university.

Furthermore, I have concluded my investigations and the headmaster in question is no longer in the school, he was a substitute headmaster, and upon contacting him, he still says he knows nothing about those letters sent to Fort Hays State University, neither the current headmaster.

A recent email as dated July 9, 2008 and as attached reveals that, international student office has submitted an e-mail to the headmaster at your high school in Ghana. Unless the headmaster sends valid information contradicting the letter I currently have in my possession dated 30 April 2008, your appeal will continue to be denied. The denial is based on no other factors other than information claiming your transcript is invalid. I do not accept your claim this denial is a product of color, race, gender or citizenship. If you have evidence to prove your claim of discrimination, I would be willing to evaluate it. Otherwise, I can assure you that making such claims is not in your interest.
I hope the headmaster can supply the correct information. If so, we will refund your tuition.
Best regards, Larry Gould.

Now my recent inquires has concluded that, the school email system does not function. Also, neither the past or present heads have received any email form Fort Hays State University. This reveals claim of email communication by International Students Office of Fort Hays State University to my high school is not true.

I am requesting a full refunds of my tuition fees. Fort Hays State University has no basis of my refusal.

Sincerely,

Anderson
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fort-Hays-State-University/Hays-Kansas-67601/Fort-Hays-State-University-I-paid-tuitioned-fees-to-this-schhol-was-admitted-and-later-ri-350036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fort Hays State University

Get a Lawyer

AUTHOR: Consumer Advocate - (USA)

It seems that you have a real issue here, I would get myself a Lawyer and let him shake "the tree" a little, you will be surprised what might fall down! I am currently attending there myself, just not enrolled this semester. Have not any problems of this magnitude. It may be an interference with your prospective advantage, which is a cause for action-see a Lawyer!