Complaint Review: Fort Knox Self-Storage

• Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Yancy — pittsburg California United States of America
Fort Knox Self-Storage
3865 railroad Pittsburg, California United States of America

Fort Knox Self-Storage beware if renting a Uhaul truck my truck had no steering Pittsburg , California

Saturday 2/4 I went to Fort Know Self-Storage to rent a 10' truck. While driving down the freeway all of the sudden the steering was gone and the truck was moving from side to side. After slowing way down I regained enough steering control to exit the freeway. This was a pretty scary experience for me and my daughter, that could have resulted in a horrible accident. After finding a place to park I called road service and after numerous calls finally talked to someone to explain what happened. I was told someone will arrive within an hour. Finally the tow truck driver came. He checked under hood and underneath the truck. He said the left front was bald and he would like to road test the truck.  We took the truck on the freeway and he started to notice the loose steering. He suggested that I drive back to the rental location to get another truck. Reluctantly I drove the truck very slowly back to Fort Knox Self-Storage. The manager and one of the rental clerks there were unapologetic about the situation and were very rude. They made it seem like I the loose steering and bald tire were my fault. Also the manager behaved as if I should be happy because he wasn't charging me for the gas on the returned vehicle. Are you kidding me ! They're the ones renting an unsafe truck and disavowed any responsibility for the condition of the truck by saying it's corporates responsibility.  I would advise people not to rent their trucks you're taking a chance of getting and unsafe vehicle since its corporate that maintains the truck and they don't.  If you do go ahead and rent a truck from them, you might want to ask them when was the last time the  truck was maintenanced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fort-Knox-Self-Storage/Pittsburg-California-94565/Fort-Knox-Self-Storage-beware-if-renting-a-Uhaul-truck-my-truck-had-no-steering-Pittsbu-836302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fort Knox Self-Storage