Complaint Review: Fort Lauderdale Police Department

• Reported By: Bruno — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Fort Lauderdale Police Department

Fort Lauderdale Police Department Officer Robert Bolden, thief, Internet

*Consumer Comment: What's the real story

It was a Tuesday at about 6pm or so when I had just got home from cashing my first check in a long time from this new job I had finally found. I had about $323.00 on the table as I was trying to decide which bill I was going to pay and which one would have to stay until next pay day, when I heard a knock on my door. Since I was not expecting anyone, I left the money on the table and look to see who was at my door when I notice it was the police. I opened my door right away and there was Officer Bolden Fort Lauderdale Police Department (FLPD). He asked me did I hear any noise in the building, I said no sir I had just walked in the door.

Without asking he walked in and started looking around. I was okay with that since I knew I had nothing to hide. As Mr. Bolden walked to the kitchen table and saw my money, he asked me where did I get this from, I told him with a smile that its pay day from this new job and that its been a while since I saw a pay check. Officer Bolden FLPD took the money off of the table and put it in his pocket. At first I thought it was a joke until he started walking out. When I asked him what is he doing, he told me unless I want to get arrested right now to keep my mouth shout and go work for another pay check and hope and pray that he is not back by next pay day to collect. Where is my justice America!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fort-Lauderdale-Police-Department/internet/Fort-Lauderdale-Police-Department-Officer-Robert-Bolden-thief-Internet-579847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fort Lauderdale Police Department

What's the real story

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Okay, now tell us what really happened.

If this is the whole story, what did you do about it? If some cop came in my house and stole my cash, filing a ripoff report would be pretty low on my list of remedial actions. It most certainly would come after contacting the prosecutor's office, the FBI, the state police, and a lawyer. Yet you mention nothing about any such actions.

Could it be that your new job involved the sale of "party favors" and that the money was seized, not stolen?