Complaint Review: Fortis Capital - Curtia Barnes Law Firm - Aspire Visa

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 09, 2007

• Reported By:gladstone Missouri
Fortis Capital - Curtia Barnes Law Firm - Aspire Visa
2620 S Maryland Pkwy Suite 14-820 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Fortis Capital - Aspire Visa - Curtis Barnes credit card scam Las Vegas Nevada

I recieved a letter today from Fortis Capital and Curtis C Barnes Law firm. Fortis Capital has teamed up witrh Curtis Barnes to "investigate" me. I called the number and tried to make payment arrangements. First of all nothing would work I offered them $50-100 a month. When my visa aspire account expired in July 2007 it was $900. I paid them some money and got it done to 800; now it is at 1,224; they told me it acures a daily interest of 9%. I was late one month from aspire visa and that is when things spiraled out of control.

I had some finical difficulties and tried to get on the hardship prorgam yet they said I did not qualify. Even though I am ling on $600/month at this point. I was paying on it again until I noticed my payments did not even count because late fees and over the limit fees totaled $70. I could only afford $20/month barely. I stopped paying and aspire visa started to call me. I told them I can pay them $20/month. They said no.

When I talked to the "law" firm today they said that I had not made a payment in a year which was not true. I paid constiently for 2 years and only stopped paying in june when the fees where overhwelming me. The law firm somehow got a hold of my phone records because they started asking about people who I did not know personally but my sister did or had not talked to in years. They even tried to get my relatives names and numbers. They told me that they saw I was a college student and that they were investing in my future.

I am a bright yound student they said with lots of income potential and they will sue me for thousands of dollars. I am living on disablity, I only own a car and have no money in savings. They said the courts can granish my wages at 25% when I get a job and that my bank account can be frozen.

To me this sounded fishy so I did a search on the internet and found this place. Is this really legal in america?

Michellelynn74
gladstone, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2007 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fortis-Capital-Curtia-Barnes-Law-Firm-Aspire-Visa/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Fortis-Capital-Aspire-Visa-Curtis-Barnes-credit-card-scam-Las-Vegas-Nevada-284006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fortis Capital - Curtia Barnes Law Firm - Aspire Visa