Complaint Review: Fortune Builders

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2010

• Reported By: BuyContraCostaHomes — Lafayette California United States of America
Fortune Builders

Fortune Builders Than Merrill $27,000 Ripoff Internet

I got a flier in the mail to come see how to invest and make money in Real Estate, this was my introduction.. The speaker was great and I got excited about the potential of making money in Real Estate. We were asked to pay $2000 for the opportunity to here how we can make money in Real Estate. This is where the promises came if you sign up specifically me you willl get rich in Real Estate. Doesn't matter what your credit is you will get lending and we will show you how. Never got money, in fact when I asked I was put down for my effort. The lady I signed up with Carley and she told me I would be able to replace our home and have enough income in the next 12 months from my investments that I wouldn't have to work other than Real Estate. I asked her straight up "Will I be able to get lending for a new house (our house was forclosed on)? Will I be able to get lending for investments? Both answers were yes. You can ask her she will tell you. They gave classes and directed you to buy into other investments. What can I say I am Bitter. They took $27,500 by then and we were all promised the world. They refunded $5,000 but I want all of it back and I want others to know about this rip-off. They openly say that 80% of the people that invest in this never invest in anything. All they do is take your money. After that night they asked me to join the"Inner Circle" for $15,000 more. Thank god I didn't do it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fortune-Builders/internet/Fortune-Builders-Than-Merrill-27000-Ripoff-Internet-658538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fortune Builders