Complaint Review: Fortune Technology Trade Co Ltd.

• Submitted: Wed, January 22, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, January 22, 2014

• Reported By: David — Ottawa Ontario
Fortune Technology Trade Co Ltd.
RM 102 , 12 / D , Jinli Buliding Internet China

Fortune Technology Trade Co Ltd. HONGKONG FORTUNE TRADE ELECTRONIC LIMITED SENT 200 fake micro-SD Cards - supposedly Kingston brand 4GB but only 21MB of good data. Shenzen China Internet

In December 2013 I ordered 200 pices of Kingston brand 4GB micro-SD cards with micro-SD to SDcard adapters. They assured me that this is genuine Kingston brand product.

I received the order in good time by DHL. However upon testing 5 pieces randomly selected from the batch received, all were discovered to be fake, they all failed write/read tests after only 21.2MB. I can only assume the entire batch is fake.

I contacted the supplier by email to my contact there - a Mr. Damon Cowell and demanded a full refund of my payment (USD$622). I asked them to immediately refund 50% of the full purchase price by Western Union, the payment method they demanded from me. I said that as soon as I receive that payment I will return the batch to them. Then when they receive it they can refund the balance of the payment made to me.

So far my efforts to contact them have been ignored.

Be careful - some companies, such as Fortune Technology do not accept payment by PayPal or Credit card but accept only bank wire transfer or Western Union. This should raise an immediate alarm since one you pay by TT or Western Union, you have no recourse to make a chargeback or dispute the payment, as you can if using PayPal or CC payment methods. They know this only too well so refuse to accept payment methods that you can later dispute or chargeback.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fortune-Technology-Trade-Co-Ltd/internet/Fortune-Technology-Trade-Co-Ltd-HONGKONG-FORTUNE-TRADE-ELECTRONIC-LIMITED-SENT-200-fake-1117529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fortune Technology Trade Co Ltd.