Complaint Review: Foto Connection - Fotoconnection

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Foto Connection - Fotoconnection
P.O. Box 300425 New York, New York U.S.A.

Foto Connection - Fotoconnection - Fotoconnection.com Just another case of cons using Bait and Switch New York New York

This is just another case, similar to many others. On Jun/09/08 I ordered a package "Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT Package 2 - (18-55mm + 1GB + much more)(Silver)" at $440 [http://www.fotoconnection.com/p51836-canon-eos-350d-digital-rebel-xt-package-2.html]

Needless to say, instead of receiving an order confirmation and tracking number, I got this:
--- ---
Thank you for your order. In order to promptly process your order, please call me adama at, 800-457-0889 Ext. 2032. to confirm your order information, in order to ensure prompt delivery of your order.

I am available On
Sunday: 10:00 AM EST 6:00 PM EST Time
Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM EST 8:30 PM EST Time
Friday: 9:30 AM EST - 5:30 PM EST Time
--- ---
Upon calling I was of course told that the this camera was not the "US model" and I needed the US one for about another $120 on top of that and needed a better charger and batteries and all that. Instead of arguing further, I just canceled my credit card. End of story! I wished I had used a virtual credit card number - strongly recommend that to anyone!

Now, truth being said, I understand that there _may_ be such a thing as a "non-US" or "grey" cameras, which may suffer from lack of Canon warranty - at least some e-bay ads claim so. So fine - maybe there was some truth to what "Adam" said on the phone - who knows! But this should have been explicitly explained on their web-site, in the first place! I consider what they do nothing less than baiting!

In the end I did get the same Canon 350D + 15-55mm lens package from a different place for $450 shipped. And it was the "US" model too!

To summarize it: I buy sth, it's in stock, I pay on the spot - the only thing I expect to receive after that is an order confirmation and a tracking number, not a phone call!

Anonymous
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foto-Connection-Fotoconnection/New-York-New-York-11230/Foto-Connection-Fotoconnection-Fotoconnectioncom-Just-another-case-of-cons-using-Bait-341606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foto Connection - Fotoconnection