Complaint Review: Foto Connection

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:San Ramon California
Foto Connection
P.O. Box 300425 Midwood, New York U.S.A.

Foto Connection Bogus company, STAY AWAY, these people ale BIG LIARS Midwood New York

STAY AWAY from this website. These people will try to rip you off. I placed an order for Nikon AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens yesterday and I got confirmation in the email stating that I ordered package with 2 lenses- this one and Sigma 105mm f2.8 macro lens. So I called to confirm that I really wanted and ordered NIKON, not Sigma lens. The sales person (nickd ,phone ext.2074) told me that they have 2 types of this lens, one with digital autofocus and one with "manual", or something like that and they can sell the digital one for $100 more.

This is bogus, NIKON makes only ONE model of this lens. I told him that and also that the one on their website on the picture is the one I need. The guy mumbled something I did not understand and hung up on me. Of course I called again and he wouldn't even talk to me and transferred me to somebody else right away. That somebody else told me they don't have this lens right now and they can sell me Sigma lens. I insisted that the salesman I talked to 5 minutes ago said they have 2 models of this lens (which is "BS" anyway) and they are both in stock, just one of them is more expensive. Of course this didn't go anywhere, the guy just repeated his story that this lens is not in stock and I can buy Sigma lens. At this point I had enough, I just canceled the order.

These people will place an item with a nice price on their web , but they try to sell you something else or the same thing for more money. STAY AWAY !!!! I hope they go out of business soon. Somebody should step on their neck. No wonder this country is in such mess if people like that are running businesses......

San Ramon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foto-Connection/Midwood-New-York-11230/Foto-Connection-Bogus-company-STAY-AWAY-these-people-ale-BIG-LIARS-Midwood-New-York-424777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foto Connection